The 1 week £100 challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Vango sleeping bag £20

Viking knife £3

Builders tarp £7

50 metres garden twine £3

Bow saw £4

Cell foam mat £4

30 Tea lights £1

8 'Bic' type lighters £1

2 size 10 cans Lidl Chicken and noodle soup, use empties for a hobo stove and pot £2

New mobile phone with £10 of credit £18
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...c_2/3|cat_15701358|Mobile+phones|14419095.htm

£63 so £37 left for food.
Mac cheese 45p
Value beans 11p
Value hot choc 70p
Value bars milk chocolate (100g) 23p
Tinned hot dog sausages 39p
15 fresh eggs £1.50
Margarine 60p
Cheap bread 35p
Value cheese £3
Corned beef 99p
Toilet roll x 4 pack £1
Pack of playing cards 50p

Now that's the way to do it !!:You_Rock_

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
£100 buy a black market shotgun or uzi nine millimetre sod the woods i could get a mansion and anything i wanted :-D

failing that a knife and bear grylls knife and book :-D

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
That rules out Tesco for the under 25's, you can't buy a knife unless you look 25 :(

Tescos is a joke for buying things!

I went into the store with SWMBO and a mate, I went to buy a DVD labelled 18 and because my mate didnt have ID they wouldnt serve us because they class the group as one customer. I left the shop and walked back in on my own which legally and common sense tells that I should be classed as a customer on my own. They still didnt serve me because I came in with friends before! I asked to see the manager and she wanted me to go to her office to discuss the matter. I said no and that I would discuss the matter infront of other customers unless she had something to hide and I told her exactly what I thought of her store and her stores procedures and suggsted she should be far less prejudice against people or she would lose customers. at which point I slammed down the £3 for the DVD suggested she serve me before I call citicens advise.... 15 seconds later I left the store with the DVD. :D

Rant over, sorry guys :)

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Lets change the rules - No money, no friends, no mobile, oh and no money...

Not so simple now is it???

Lets have the total tits up scenario....

Here and now (lots of snow and -25C); I'd die unless I was quite well equipped to start with.

In warmer times; make a bowdrill for fire, build a shelter, drink from a creek, look for edible plants, set some traps. For a week or two you can survive with no food or tools, more or les easilly.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Best of luck to you.
But I can't help but think that restricting yourselves to just £100 for a week isn't that much of a challenge. There are people who week-in/week-out have to manage on MUCH less.
£40 for a week's worth of food!? Hardly roughing it or testing yourselves.

On a slightly pedantic note, where exactly, during your disaster, are you going to sell your mobile phones for £100? And then pop along to the shops to buy stuff to survive said disaster?

Mmm...the more I think about it, the more the original thread sounds like a p**s take. Very funny. And I'm sure all those people who genuinely have to survive on less than £100 a week will be laughing with you.

Quite frankly Durulz, I think mosnan's "disaster holiday" is an insult. It's like that TV prog with the three lads in a campervan "roughing" it.

mosnan, lose your job, your house, everything else you own, stay in a hostel (if you're lucky) being stolen from etc., then come back and tell us how you got on.

You've probably never missed a meal in your life.

if you think your jaunt is a disaster scenario, then you're nothing but a daydreamer.

I'm being polite, but won't type what I really think of your nonsense.

(and breathe....)

Fair enough for trying to carry less and doing it cheaply.

Why not try an E&E ex' with your mates over that week? If there are 3 of you; 2 days on the run for you with your mates chasing. Then swap. On day 7 compare notes, have a feed and get bladdered.

The one on the run has to use what is carried in pockets/coat only. Keep within safe limits - mobile fone for emergency, space blanket and whistle.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE