Thanksgiving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
As it is descended from English Harvest day, or Harvest Home, we are getting the Turkey on the spit, the Canadian Honker in the oven, the venison haunch on by the fire outside. The wild rice is boiling for wild rice and raisin stuffing, and blueberry and pumpkin pies are on the make.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Nothing to do with food. Day after Thanksgiving we seem to have a new "holiday." It is known as "Black Friday." To start off Christmas shopping season - stores have great promos. People come early. It has gotten ridiculous. My son camped out at an electronics store last night at 1800 hrs in prep for the 0500 opening. He took a sleeping bag and every piece of outdoor clothing he owns. Some people bring tents. He was 17th in line, a good thing as many of the promos only have 20 items. He bought an E-machine computer with printer, wide screen, and several other add ons for $112, a high end HP laptop for $380, and a 32 inch HD TV for $470.

Good deals, but to my way of thinking, just more electronics that will be junk in a few years.

PG

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
pierre girard said:
Nothing to do with food. Day after Thanksgiving we seem to have a new "holiday." It is known as "Black Friday." To start off Christmas shopping season - stores have great promos. PG

Its funny you mention Black Friday because Carlisle has a variation on that theme.

Its called Blackeye Friday and its the last working friday before cristmas when everyone goes out with their workmates , drinks too much and tries to pretend that "they still have it" by attempting to cop off with the secretary from work and when they fail they kick off with the nearest bloke who is "lookin at their pint, funny".
This often results in someone getting a bat in the eye, giving the day the title "Blackeye Friday".
Then its a grest tradition to go home to the missus and puke up over the carpet.

It's usually followed by "the wife wants a divorce saturday" :)

And you lot think I am joking about Blackeye friday :)

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I've worked in pubs at that time of year - people queueing up outside at 10am and going 10 hours without a break. Lovely fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE