Tent Recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
For around about £290 you can buy a Hilleberg Akto. I can't afford one, but it's one I would use. In the meantime I use a Vaude Ferret.
vaude_ferret1.jpg

There's a mini review and more pics here. There is an ultralight version of this tent now, but it doesn't have the side opening.
Pablo

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I know its annoying when someone answers a question with a question, but, what will you be using the tent for? If its for low ground summer camping or will it be used in wild terrain, even in winter? How many people does it have to accommodate? I have always been a great fan of Vango tents, but in the last couple of years I've been using a Wild Country tent. As its nearly spring I would look out for camping exhibitions in your area. Then you can go along, see them erected and have a lie down in one. I've found that that is the best way. Then you can make direct comparisons between tents before making an expensive mistake. Hope this helps. :)

Green Dweller Beloved

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2007
Hampshire
fred gordon said:
I know its annoying when someone answers a question with a question

Point taken, I should have qualified what was asking! :togo:

I need something for just me and maybe my small jack russel on occasions! :D
I will be hiking with a backpack so need something that will fold up quite small and hopefully not weigh more than a couple of Kg.
As for terrain, I'd say it was mainly for woodland, although it may up a hill / mountain on occasion.

Thanks for the tip Pablo, but that one looks a bit on the heavy side!

Thanks Guys

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Have a look at the Wild Country Trisar. It might fit the bill, My tent is an earlier model of this and I've had two people and a Cairn Terrier in it. Easy to put up, even in a strong wind, and at 2.7Kg quite light. :)

Green Dweller Beloved

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2007
Hampshire
Thanks for your help so far.

I've managed to find a couple of websites which have the kind of tents I need. On the first link below (outdoormegastore), is a Jamet Shelter SIngle Hoop Tunnel Dome Touring Tent £29.99. Seems a bit of a bargain and really lightweight.
Do you reckon I'd get condensation problems with this, as I don't think it breathable material?
And do you reckon it's waterproof?

It says it's polyester 2000HH. Is this how thick the polyester is, or how waterproof it is.

Cheers

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Outdoor_Megastore_Single_Hoop_Tents_147.html
AND
http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/Results.asp?category=1&subcategory=35

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i think HH stands for hydro static head, its how much water it can take before it gives way
i think anyway
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE