Tent Heating

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Thanks for all the input guys, I have actually been doing some research on diesel fuelled hot air blowers similar to what they put in lorry cabs and boats, anyone have any experience of that??

eberspacher are the most used in boats and vans for blown air, not cheap the main unit will set you back around £1300 for the smallest one then your need the ducting, fuel tank, pump, battery a car battery would not last the night. best way would be to fit it in your car if you put your tent next to it and run the ducting to it. be better buying everyone a £350 sleeping bag each and have money left over. have you ever tried a pressure lamp like a anchor lamp, they put out a lot of heat.

Agreed with Phil. I have one in my truck and they're great but they're not really on for camping. You really want to heat yourself, not the tent.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
eberspacher are the most used in boats and vans for blown air, not cheap the main unit will set you back around £1300 for the smallest one then your need the ducting, fuel tank, pump, battery a car battery would not last the night. best way would be to fit it in your car if you put your tent next to it and run the ducting to it. be better buying everyone a £350 sleeping bag each and have money left over. have you ever tried a pressure lamp like a anchor lamp, they put out a lot of heat.

Hot water bottle it is then!!! lol

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
Thanks for your reply mate, the link to the forum post, the pictures are not working for me for some reason, the adventure trailers one is the nuts though!!
Im starting to think that I may be able to adapt a diesal powered lorry cab heater!! But god knows how!!
Cheers
Steve

The adventure trailers one is actually a propex heater made in the uk, designed for campers, motor caravans boats etc. Far more efficient than a german diesel heater and with virtually no service costs. Oh and its a shade over £400.
http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/

Dave.

Apr 21, 2015
United Kingdom
I adapted a caravan gas heater for mine. It runs off bottled propane and a 12v battery powers the blower. The heater itself is outside the tent but inside the entrance canopy and it has a 6 inch pipe fed into the tent which pumps in hot air.
The exhaust pipe for the heater is 5 ft high and is fixed to a pole outside. We have a CO alarm as belt and braces but it's 100% safe anyway.
]

Hi all, I know this threads a little old, but I'd love to know more about the converted caravan heater

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE