Tengu and the Stuckie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I see you havent missed me...and that is a relief.

I took a fall ten days back, been in hospital ever since. Im back home, just about

Broke my leg and now have a pin holding it together...walking is a bit of a problem. (Rest of me is fine, notice)

No stuckie. (Scotch for cast)

• Wow
Reactions: Toddy and Robbi

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
So sorry, both for your pain and for your precipitous return to 21st Century.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I don’t think partaking in the Iron Age means that you need to have body parts replaced with metal!

Hope you heal quickly, and you’re not in too much discomfort.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Oh gosh! What a bummer :( You shouldn't try to fly you know. :)
Hope you heal fast and can get back to the iron age asap . Take it easy and let yourself mend properly. Xx

Reactions: Nice65

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Well, actually, I was starting to wonder where you were. I had imagined that you were so deep in the Iron Age that you did not have internet. I am so sorry to hear that it was something else altogether! Hope you heal swiftly.

Chris

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Oh, Tengu, I'm sorry to hear that. I was also assuming the Iron Age was a bit strapped for internet connection. Take care of yourself and heal well.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Truly sorry to hear this; I too thought you were in the midst of total immersion in the Iron Age. You had been so looking forward to it all.

How did you get home though ? surely you didn't drive with a stookie on ? and how long are you going to be so encumbered ? is there any chance to save the Summer ?

I hope you heal well, and quickly too :)

M

Crac

Apr 5, 2023
North

Southerners...

Anyway.

Hoping you bounce back quickly.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
And I have no stookie, (though did have a temporary one before the operation.)

(Thanks for the spelling. A word I heard but not seen written)

Care...has been a bit of an Adventure. I am lucky to be surrounded by people who help. Dad has come to stay a few days. (and after I scared him with my misadventures)

Work is fully supportive. Visited me.

(If you know someone on their own in hospital no visitors...please, please visit them. Nothing so depressing as seeing the ward have visitors and being on your own...even for a Tengu...)

(No hospital volunteers to help seemingly)

(I asked EVERY DAY)

I am getting about a bit more every day. I can walk a bit but everything is stresfull and tiring)

Reactions: Crac

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Oof, sorry to hear that Tengu. Best wishes for a swift recovery

Sent from underground

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
14 days since my operation. still cant walk more than 50 yards.

Im restless and apathetic.

GP and retired GP friend dont seem to be bothered so I assume my recovery slowness is normal?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
14 days since my operation. still cant walk more than 50 yards.

Im restless and apathetic.

GP and retired GP friend dont seem to be bothered so I assume my recovery slowness is normal?

Only two weeks , my broken foot took six to heal properly. And that was a simple fracture of three bones in my foot. No operations or pins. Don't try and rush it, or things won't heal properly. Be patient. I know it's hard, but needs must.
Use the time for crafting, or learning a new skill. Carve yourself a spoon or something. I'm sure there is something you can do. Perhaps make some leather pouches or something like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE