Temegami - Old/New?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Looks like I will be getting one of these knives. Just browsing the tinterweb and saw that there is a new version with a different handle and no file marks on the spine?

Handle much different? Anyone got one?

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have one of the first generation ones. Never used it. Seems good though. I have not seen any of the newer version anywhere, have not heard much about either version from any users.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Thanks for that.

I guess the simple answer is - if you liked the feel of the initial one, just get one! Just interested to know if anyone has the newer version and if it is an improvement?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have one of the first generation ones. Never used it. Seems good though. I have not seen any of the newer version anywhere, have not heard much about either version from any users.
There are 2 reviews of the original on the front page of this very site :(

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Well I have the new version...handle is quite well done. The front shoulders of the "bolster" are angled back instead of square...that is the only change I think has been done to the handle. It is comfortable.

The file marks on the spine...I cannot imagine they were useful at all.

8075190435_52f4f25275_z.jpg

Bigger than it looks without some sort of scale….

8075184932_a4b63db5c9_z.jpg

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I like the look of the new model, the handle looks more professionally made and the notches on the top of the blade are gone. They did little except make placing the thumb on top of the blade was less than comfortable.

It is bigger than I expected, not too big though. Thickness is perfect and the grip is very comfortable. I just wish they were cheaper. Maybe that is why the new Mora with the thicker blade is such a great deal.

entherder

Aug 11, 2011
Central Illinois
I have an original carbon version of the knife that was recently gifted to me. I find it to be well made and well balanced. The fit and finish is above standard and te sheath is wonderfull. I prefer to carry this as a neck knife as it is light enough in weight so as not to be uncomfortable and allows for easy access. The notches on the blade are irrelevent to me in any manner of use, so they pose no problem at all. THe performance of the knife is outstanding in my opinion. THe comfort is good and does not induce fatigue to speak of at all. Over all I am happy with the Temagami, but I did not pay the price tag; I think it would be a little pricey for me. Here in the states they sell for about $165.00 new, not out of alignment with a good bushcraft knife, but not having Les Strouds name in support ofit, I believe the knife would sell for substantially less. Still a good knife over all. Thanks Entherder.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE