Take a look at this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good look about - look good.

Must say, it is very dissapointing to see the relitively small community of knife makers / users / enthusiasts in this country being reduced to petty bickering and one-upmanship so soon.

I would hope that there would be a kind of fraternity amongst us that would transcend stupid 'he said / she said / we said / he's giving me evils' school yard attitudes.

In this day and age we need to stand together to protect what freedoms we have left to enjoy our hobby and our passion. Sure, there are many here / there that have had past issues with some people and other forums, myself included - but are we, as a community, really so shallow as to divide ourselves into tribal camps and content ourselves with throwing carp at each other?

The past is the past.
What was said is now forgotten.
Who was right, who was wrong? Who cares!
Feel 'wronged' by a member in the past? Get over it!
Think you have been banned for no reason? Tough! Forums are privately owned, not democracies and you do not have any rights other than those afforded you by the site owner.
Do we share a common passion? Yes.
Is our interest / hobby / business under constant threat? Yes.
Will we stand any chance of protecting the future of our interest / hobby / business if we cannot unite? No.

So how about we rise above it, support each other and show the rest of the world what a great brotherhood we are and what fantastic skills we share, what boundless generosity there is amongst us and what we really stand for.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
So how about we rise above it, support each other and show the rest of the world what a great brotherhood we are and what fantastic skills we share, what boundless generosity there is amongst us and what we really stand for.

WELL SAID THAT MAN!

I come to these sites to
a) learn more about all things bushcraft, and contribute whenever and whatever I can
b) get away from the petty and bitching nature of 'the world' and get amongst like minded and decent people who believe in something right

If people are going to gripe about stupid issues and not 'stay true to the camp fire' then you're pretty much no better than the snobs and chavs of this world I try to get away from.

Bushcraft came along way before these 'internet libraries' and forums did; and a library is useless if you only have one book.

Good luck to the guys.

Long live BUSHCRAFT and what it stands for; because it'll be here long after these places are gone.

Peace out.

NLW

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Had a good look about - look good.

Must say, it is very dissapointing to see the relitively small community of knife makers / users / enthusiasts in this country being reduced to petty bickering and one-upmanship so soon.

I would hope that there would be a kind of fraternity amongst us that would transcend stupid 'he said / she said / we said / he's giving me evils' school yard attitudes.

In this day and age we need to stand together to protect what freedoms we have left to enjoy our hobby and our passion. Sure, there are many here / there that have had past issues with some people and other forums, myself included - but are we, as a community, really so shallow as to divide ourselves into tribal camps and content ourselves with throwing carp at each other?

The past is the past.
What was said is now forgotten.
Who was right, who was wrong? Who cares!
Feel 'wronged' by a member in the past? Get over it!
Think you have been banned for no reason? Tough! Forums are privately owned, not democracies and you do not have any rights other than those afforded you by the site owner.
Do we share a common passion? Yes.
Is our interest / hobby / business under constant threat? Yes.
Will we stand any chance of protecting the future of our interest / hobby / business if we cannot unite? No.

Nice one. It needed saying.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Right guys, enough. ;)

Mark has drawn the new site to everyone's attention. I had a look and while a lot of the sub forum names looked strangely familiar :D it's early days yet and they may get round to tweaking things so that it looks entirely unique. Give it time. If they really want it to grow, they will have to give it a unique look at some point.

People have often been told, when there has been some disagreement, that if they don't like the rules on this, or similar forums, that they go and start their own. Well, those guys have done so. Good luck to them. :) There is certainly room for another UK based knife forum.

Anyway, I expect that it is inevitable that there will be some cross forum bickering with the folks from British Blades, but can we try to keep it off of BCUK? We get enough cross forum stuff between BCUK and BCL ;) :lmao:

Cheers. :)

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
So even a MOD on here is slagging it off and it's hardly even started? If you're not part of a solution to cross forum bitching then you're part of the problem. Way to go on that. Proper bushcrafting and bushcraft spirited. I think not....
And what has BCL got to do with this thread by the way? Not been mentioned as far as I can see.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
So even a MOD on here is slagging it off and it's hardly even started? If you're not part of a solution to cross forum bitching then you're part of the problem. Way to go on that. Proper bushcrafting and bushcraft spirited. I think not....
And what has BCL got to do with this thread by the way? Not been mentioned as far as I can see.

I think you might want to read Chris's post again. I can't see anything there slagging off UK Blades. To me the post seems intended to calm things down and is very reasonable.

Cheers,

Huon

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
If that's your take; fine and happy days. Blends well with this forum. I read something different.

If you enjoy condescending tones and a hollier than thou attitude. Have fun.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No light weight you are so far out I suspect you didn't even bother to read what Chris posted.

Not one word of opprobium, just a clear hope it does well, don't cross forum gripe and we'll all get along fine.

How hard is it to understand ? :rolleyes:

Toddy

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
I beg your pardon? In fact, how dare you?

I read the post, and can read a lot more into it than what was expected to be seen.

I haven't crossed forum griped. Neither has BCL or UK Blades. This site has.

Roll eyes behind your keyboard as much as you like.

Pretty pathetic response really.

The MODS condescending use of power might work on some. Not me.

I came here for Bushcraft and not bull****. I'm disappointed with the spirit around this campfire. Mind you; that's a cyber one for you....not real.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Och c'mon Rik it's a blatent rip of BB and the rules are ripped from JD :rolleyes:

Don't know about the rules, don't read them much. The layout is what I meant as its used by lots of other forums, some of which are a lot older than BB. Classic camp stoves, be-back-later, SotP and a couple of American forums I'm on look the same, different colours but you can tweak the layout if you want.

Looks good, managed to register today and I wish them all the very best for the future.

Silly me, of course, your a mod over there are you not?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yours is the first rant this thread has had...........you are being the problem, not one other soul has stirred a rammy. Discussion yes, this aggro....no.

Why ? :confused:

What is your issue? it's not even a new bushcrafting site, it's a new knife site :rolleyes:

Toddy

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
I don't have an issue...about anything.

Do you when it comes to other sites being mentioned?

I certainly don't think I was having a 'rant'. Just making a statement as a free thinking individual.

Your dictionary might be different to mine.

Either way. I certainly can't be bothered to argue with those that don't listen or give new things a chance.

Good luck you bushcrafters!

Keep to the spirit of the campfire.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Toddy,

I read NLW's post with a growing recollection of the late, great Kenny Everett doing his 'Mr. Angry of Mayfair' sketch!

I, of course mean this in the best possible taste!
happy0054.gif

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Toddy,

I read NLW's post with a growing recollection of the late, great Kenny Everett doing his 'Mr. Angry of Mayfair' sketch!

I, of course mean this in the best possible taste!
happy0054.gif

Eureka! I've been trying to remember the comedy sketch this reminded me of.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE