Swiss army backpack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I just got one of these in the post today Swiss Surplus Backpack - I'll let you know how I get on with it long term but it is an impressive bit of kit.
It is very very very solid. I don't think you could break it if you tried. And even if you did as it is leather and canvas it'd be fixable.
It has leather straps and fittings, an internal frame (Similar to a roycroft style pack) and a suspension strap to keep the metal of your lower back.

Feral

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 7, 2006
Victoria
I have been thinking about getting one, down in melbourne they are only about $20au.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
It is heavy. But it is also more fireproof, cheaper and easier to repair than nylon.
I would guess it is about 45ish litres.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i just bought a swedish or swiss o.g rubberised version looks to be the same design.i had looked for one of these rubberised ones for ages for in the canoe ,but the only place i could find them was in the U.S and the postage was,nt good so i had about given in looking.northdoorway.com has them in the U.S.for a look,anyway i got one out of the blue in a surplus store here in scotland they had a few unused ones and they are solid ,great bit of kit and will be great in the canoe i would take one before a duluth pack !

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Same for me, postage wasn't too great but it was still about half the price pf getting a duluth pack.
I can test out something at this price and if it works it'll probably last a while. I think comfort and capacity will be the main problems.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
rik,
I think you'll find a few people with these, Swedish LK 35 I think, there are a few threads about them, I've got one and really like it, a few people have made modifications to them as well.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE