Swine Flu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ruvio

Nomad
Well it's official...i have swine flu, and have to take a course of tamiflu, which is making me as sick as a dog.
I do however, refuse to wuss out, and will be doing as much as possible, what bare minimum that may be....

The pigs were supposed to be our friends....now they pull this?!

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Hope you get better soon,

Try hot tea, no milk, three spoons of demorera sugar (has to be demorera). One cup every 1.5 to 2 hours. You'll be feeling better in no time.

James

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Did you get diagnosed over the phone? or have blood tests and be examined by a doctor? just that i have no faith what so ever in our nhs 24 thingy from experiances ive had recently with my kids being ill ive found the system to be useless.ps how rude of me, Get well soon! if it is swine flu at least you have a immunity now for when its here in winter.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Ha, smooth! Hope you feel better soon - some friends of mine have had it and it doesn't sound the most enjoyable of experiences :(

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Trunks is right, stay hydrated.

Otherwise theres little you can do but rest. Dont strain yourself and keep warm.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Mmmm, looks tasty :D
sombrero%20pig.jpg

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hope you are feeling better soon,

Tamiflu is only 20% better than taking nothing at all, if that, does cause nausea and several other side effects, none that have been fatal as yet;)

Having it this time around unfortunately doesn't necessarily mean you will have immunity for the second or subsequent waves expected in the next five years.

Make sure you do lots of research on the drugs they are giving you, nothing is compulsory, you don't have to take it, other remedies are available, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, and most importantly rest and hydration fluids and powders.

Should be OK in a couple of days, but take a few extra days off, no point rushing back to work if you don't need too.

Take a break, nice weather is on its way.:)

Ruvio

Nomad
Luckily wingstoo, i'm a student, so i'm just not writing my dissertation for a week or so.
I wasn't gonna take the tamiflu, but i feel no worse with it than without it, so unless that changes i'll keep going with it.
And the ibuprofen and paracetamol happily cut through the searing headache

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
sorry for two posts in a row, but does anyone have any ways of dealing with incessant vomiting?

There doubtless are methods out there, but don't. You are vomiting for a reason after all! Something's in your body that your body doesn't like very much, and your body thinks that you'd prefer expelling it out that end! Drink LOTS of fluid. I think a still sports drink would be better than just loads of plain water, as you'll be losing a lot of electrolytes by vomiting and most sports drinks contain electrolytes to replace those lost when sweating. If you can't keep down a sports drink, you can buy electrolyte tablets for the purpose, and drink lots of water with them.

Hope this helps somewhat, but if you're vomiting a lot it wouldn't hurt to call the doctor about it, I'm certainly not a doctor or a med student and therefore can't really offer proper medical advice. Hope you feel better soon mate

Pete

PS: For the record, not replacing the electrolytes risks overhydration, best avoided!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
someone at our work got flu and they give her the tamiflu, and thats laid her so low she ended up in intensive care! be careful with that stuff wont you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE