Swedish Lapland 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Me and Syl are off to Lapland in a few weeks for a bit of camping and husky dogs.

It will be our 30th wedding anniversary so we want to do something different and all been well see the Northern lights :),

Today I have been checking over our gear tomorrow we will both have another look at it .

The trip will be at Kiruna fly in a couple of days in a hotel the Husky dogs will take us out to the wilderness for three days not long but I am with my wife ;)..The dogs will then collect us and return us to the world.

Here the Husky people we are using ,

http://www.sleddog.se/

Here his other website ,

http://www.irondogs.se/

So here my gear ,
It has taken me two years to amass this kit plus some lucky buys,

Two Woolpower 200 weight base layer tops and lidls angora long johns .

Wool is king in the arctic so ,, Swedish army trousers , double layer wool hoodie and some funky wool leg thing the scots wear ,,

Swedish snow smock , German Army glove , wool mitts plus spares and wool wristlets .

Swedish M90 Parka and trousers

Moded the trousers to make them a lot bigger

USAF mukluks , Arctic socks

The USAF Mukluks have been moded with Canadian spec liners , Mesh insole and British Military toe warmers ,

Syls Baffin boots ,,, so warm

Snow shoes , shovel and wood prep tools

arrr the Rations mostly Norwegian Real Turmat some fresh will be brought in Kiruna , note the made by Syl pot cosys to keep the rats warm ,,,,,

Snow melting pot , Optimus Nova fully serviced as a back up for cooking , kuksas and a small trangia frying pan

Odds and ends , lip salve, wash bowl , first aid kit , UCO candle lantern and candles , Radio , Head torch , thermarest seat

Syls sleeping system Dutch army Carinthia arctic sleeping bag , multimat roll mat , reindeer hide , usmc tent boots , sleeping balaclava ,, the nanock tent boots are mine Syl will be using a pair of wool socks hand made by Sal ,,, so warm

My sleep set up , Dutch Army Carinthia arctic sleeping bag , Carinthia sleeping bag cover , thermarest redgerest , reindeer hide , sleeping balaclava , helsport tent boots

Russian wood burning stove for the lavvu

Helsport Varanger 4/6 with liner and ground sheet , the lavvu of choice ,,,

Bits and bobs for the tent all checked over

Made up snow anchors worked last year ,,

Two pulks to carry the load

The whole lot...

I will do an update on packing tomorrow

Enjoy

Twodogs

Last edited:

Outlaw13

Nov 20, 2013
Nottingham
We did something similar although not as hardcore a few years ago. We flew into Kiruna and were collected with a sled and team of dogs. Off we set up a frozen river to the hotel. Absolutely beautiful. Until I realised the rear dog had the squits and I was being splattered with dog poo all the way there!

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
You might be lucky on the way home. When I flew home after 5 months in Sweden, the guy on the weigh in desk saw me piling all my outdoor gear on the scales and said " that looks like 20 kilos to me". It was almost 50.

Cheers, Michael.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice one Cliff. :)

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip prep with us.

At least this trip you wont have to remember to ring home :p :lmao:

Happy 30th Anniversary to you both.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Cheers Gents

Just finished packing for flight mode ,,, 2x 20 kilo sacks and 2x 15 kilo ski equipment ...

All will need repacking on the ground but theres loads of time for that ..

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE