Swedish axe identity?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Cegga, if you don't recognize the mark than I guess That all but ends the search.
I have heard and seen hults bruks issue axes and they have the standard HB with the arrow so it seems odd that if this was an HB that it would have the same makers mark.
I have yet to strip the paint and clean it up but I will be very satisfied if this proves to be a quality Swedish axe for $25US.
Thanks for the help.

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi
Hults Bruk have made a lots of axes for other company with not there own mark on and some of the military axes was only stamp with 3 crowns but I can not say can you send in a pics then i maybe can help you more
cegga

Kimo89

Apr 29, 2024
Finland
:rolleyes: Sorry it has been a very long day. the axe actually says KB44 with the thre crowns below it. Thanks for any help.
Kimo Bruk, 1944.
KB44 stands for Kölefors Bruk 1944.

Kimo Bruk is in Finland.
The Kimo Ironworks is the only ironworks museum in Ostrobothnia Finland. 300+year old.
Kimo Bruk "Swe/Fin Text" Some text or words are not translated due to we speak Old Swedish here and have alot of Dialect words "I live here in Kimo".

Same goes for this post, it is not Kimo Bruk but Kölefors Bruk from Sweden BushcraftUSA post - Kimo Bruk Small Forest Axe 1942

Here is a collection with different Swedish axe brands+ picture of manufacturer's stamp Swedish Axes & Stamps "In Swedish"

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE