Swedish Army... Mess Tins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
Hi, I was in my local store today & i seen a nice set of Swedish Stainless Steel Mess tins. The guy there said thery were very rare and that they were a fluke that they got a load.

Now i have been 'umming and arring' over a SS zebra pot for Ages but i have always liked the orignal Mess tins shape. Now these seem to comprise of the two - they also came with Pan grips & had hooks on the handles
Can anyone else tell me anything about them?? and are they worth £9.99 or should i go with the Zebra??

Regards
Leaf177

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
Cheers Mate, The Guy said they were Special Forces Issue and that they are Very hard to come by in the Uk. But I think i may have to have another trip down and pick a set up. I'll Post a picture when i get them home n use em in anger later :D

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Cheers Mate, The Guy said they were Special Forces Issue and that they are Very hard to come by in the Uk. But I think i may have to have another trip down and pick a set up. I'll Post a picture when i get them home n use em in anger later :D

I wonder if they fit the windshield, if they do sounds like a bargain to me. Wish they sold online.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
if they are the standard swiss army trangia style ones then you can get the full stove set for less than a tenner? i paid £7.50 and they are far from rare unless of course they are something different...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
if they are the standard swiss army trangia style ones then you can get the full stove set for less than a tenner? i paid £7.50 and they are far from rare unless of course they are something different...

The standard ones are ally but stainless ones don't seem to difficult to find

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
ah mine are ally my mate picked up the stainless set for about £14.00 but must admit his seems slower to boil, its worth getting the civvy burner if you buy the kit though

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
No they're not a 'trangias' . The trangia mess kit is an oval shape, whereas these are square.. Similar shape to the British. Dedo stainless tho. Theyre on milmarts the site now. Il be going out tomorro so I can give a full review should anyone want to hear what they're like?

Regards
Leaf177

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
I went out the other day to meet a few friends and go on a walk and en route i splashed out a little. I spent possibly the Best £10.00 of my life!!!!
I've just weighed the Tins and therye around 880g when I used them i made a brew & a butty the other Day in the field (literally a field...) and they were spot on. I couldnt take a picture due to me being a retard
I used them with a mates pack away tripod he got for an early xmas pressie and the two go hand in hand...
The frying pan was Spot on. I made a a pack of bacon in no time and the pan grips come in VERY Handy.. moving fuel, removing the pans etc.
I paid £10.00 for mine but i noticed you can get them for £9.00 this week thanks to a seasonal discout so i'll defo be going back this weekend and grabbing another set! Ian said he's getting a set so i'll see if he can do a review aswel when he gets his.
ATB everyone for 2013

Regards
Leaf177

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE