Swallow Tailled Moth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
A delicate, subdued beauty Ourapteryx sambucaria (swallow tailled moth). Normally seen June through July.

swallowtailledmoth1.jpg

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Jon Pickett said:
Nice one Stovie, beautiful arn't they. We have had a few in the trap this year............

I'm curious Jon, do you keep records of the number and varieties you catch in the trap? I'd be interested to know what you've seen this year.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
stovie said:
I'm curious Jon, do you keep records of the number and varieties you catch in the trap? I'd be interested to know what you've seen this year.
In our garden, we don't really keep records, but do take photo's of them all, trouble is, I don't know many of the names of them, so I need to get an expert to have a look at them........
I do go out doing trapping with the countryside warden and a few others, in the area and he knows most of the moths, and we keep records too. He does a wardens report every year and I can show you last 2 years reports if you like...........

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Jon Pickett said:
He does a wardens report every year and I can show you last 2 years reports if you like...........

Tell you what, lets organise that drink, and you can bring the reports with you.

I'll get back to you in the next day or so... :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
stovie said:
Tell you what, lets organise that drink, and you can bring the reports with you.

I'll get back to you in the next day or so... :)
Sounds good to me.......
We are having a pub get together at the bax castle on the 6th oct, if you can make it, have a look in meet ups and social chatter for thread............

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Jon Pickett said:
Sounds good to me.......
We are having a pub get together at the bax castle on the 6th oct, if you can make it, have a look in meet ups and social chatter for thread............

Ahhh! terrifficccc!!!

I'll be in Paris :p

I hadn't noticed that. Haven't been to the Bax for years...next time :rolleyes:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
stovie said:
Ahhh! terrifficccc!!!

I'll be in Paris :p

I hadn't noticed that. Haven't been to the Bax for years...next time :rolleyes:
Let me know a date, I will come over to your local if you like..........

Sheryl..........Haven't seen you on WAB for a while.........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE