Survivalist film (2015).. any one watched it.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Has any one seen this film.. about a bloke living in a wooden hut deep in the forest in the uk.
I watched it last week.. it's not a bad watch.. but some strange behavior in it. I won't give the plot away.. just thought i'd ask if any ones seen it.

Last edited:

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
I was looking through the DVD's in the supermarket only the other day and found it on the shelf, and nearly bought it, but reading the write up on the back didn't really catch my imagination? but after reading this post maybe I will go back and buy it as some of you seem to think it's pretty good?

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Not bad at all, bought it. I like quiet burn post apoc films like this and A Hundred Mornings. Some presence of other films such as the Trap with Oliver Reed. As always one could have done with more of certain situations or scenes and one has thoughts such as why didn't they do this or that? Seemed more believable than preppers armed to the teeth fighting FEMA and foreign insurgents as in many American books and probably films although I haven't seen much of these.

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
just had a look at a few trailers. doesnt float my boat im afraid. i dislike any sort of suspense film. would of looked better to me if they lost the attraction to the girl/weirdo mother script and had a kinda docu-drama type film. But then again, ve only watched the trailers, so my opinion is shorted-sighted i suppose......

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
Watched the 'Survivalist' the other night, to be honest I thought it was pretty good, when you look into the story and the reason why he acted the way he did you get a good understanding to why he was a bit of a loner, but to be fair it may not be everyone's cup of tea!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE