Survival ? wilderness Film festival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
The idea is to have people nominate films they have seen for the various categories provided. I then will check to see if I have that film ro can get a hold of that film then I or a group of people who want to help me will view the nominations in that category and make a discission as to who get the NO#1 spot.
MAYBE I will then arrange a small film festival over a days time op view the various award winning films.

categories

BEST survival/wilderness film
Best Survival /wilderness film based on a true story
Best survival show for TV(documnentary or instructional style made for TV)
Best Survival video(private survival instructional film)
Worst Survival/wilderness film
Worst survival/wilderness insructional video
worst Survival/wilderness TV show

When talking about a series such as Ray Meers it is not enough to nominate the whole series you have to pick an episode.

All categories will be listed on a page I will make up for my Web site I will do my best to contact the production company behind each show and advise them of their standing.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I liked "Cast Away" but I can't remember the name of my fav survival film...it's the one with Antony Hopkins and Alex Baldwin....chased by the Grizzly after a plane crash and Baldwin tries to kill Hopkins at the cabin.... Same one the quote "What one man can do, another can too" comes from...
Anyone remember the name? ? ? :?: Only watched it again a few weeks ago!!!!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
good film that.. so "The Edge" gets my vote!!

Grey Owl is good, not very "survival" but nice wilderness pictures and nice story (loosely based on a true story)

best survival series Ray Mears.. series 1 2 3 take your pic!

worst wilderness series was that one when they took a bunch of spoilt kids in to the wilderness and tried to teach them survival skills, though they did enjoy it at times, for the most part they were so un-grateful for the amazing place they were in!

RJP

Jan 22, 2004
Kent
My votes
Best survival TV show - The Bushtuckerman - Les Hiddins

Worst survival TV show - Chris Ryan's BBC series - can't remember the name?

Rob

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
BEST survival/wilderness film
The Edge
Best Survival /wilderness film based on a true story
Touching the Void
Best survival show for TV(documnentary or instructional style made for TV)
Bushtucker Man, (can't recall individual episodes, but like the one where he made a boat from bark to travel in the wet season)

Best Survival video(private survival instructional film)
??
Worst Survival/wilderness film
Tough to know, if they are THAT bad, they almost stop being survival films...(Crocodile Dundee? The Gods Must be Crazy II? )
Worst survival/wilderness insructional video
??
worst Survival/wilderness TV show
That Chris Ryan thing - so "good" I can't remember episodes

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Some good suggestion there the Edge is one of my favorites as well.

The Bush tucker episodes I haven't seen in some time anyone know of key names to allow for a search.

Abe

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
the worst has got to be 'hunting chris ryan'.harry hill did a version on his show called 'hunting frank carson'it took place in a garden centre(the hunters were keith harris and orville),and it was nowhere near as daft as ryans programme.the best-ray mears stuff,bushtuckerman or lost in the woods all good stuff.cant remember if keith and orville got frank though,i was to busy laughing.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'd have to put Jeremia Johnson(sp?) in the running for best picture.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Life and times of Grizzly Adams for best TV series. I loved that as a kid but would probably suffer from Starsky and Hutch syndrome if I saw it now :cry:

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Can I throw in another category? "Best Bushcraft Novel"
My nomination would have to go to "Cold Mountain" for demonstrating how the folks' knowledge of using natural reources etc was central to their lives and survival.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE