Surplus store in Ross-on-wye (south wales)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
hi guys
After seeing in a recent thread that a new surplus store has opened up locally i decided to pay it a visit today.
Spoke to the owner Mark about the business and what he's been doing as it's still quite new and it must be said for a fairly small shop he has a fair selection of surplus gear in different conditions/sizes and prices!

Well worth a pop in to say hello as mark seems a very knowledgeable bloke and great to speak to- he's spent some time in the army and working for woodlore!

PLUS we get a 10% discount :)

forestsurplus@gmail.com

Cheers!

Monspoonmaker

Mar 15, 2014
Silures
I would add my recommendation for forest surplus. Popped in today and left with a great LA sting and bivi bag for a very competitive price.

No connection etc...

Martin

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I also paid a visit to Mark at Forest Surplus today and found the start of a really useful surplus store; he's ex - infantry and has some experience of bushcraft, having worked for Woodlore for a time as Andy has said above.
He's got a good stock of clothing, boots and camp'n'carry and intends to buy in stock as the customer base demands, and told me that he's quite prepared to part-exchange any decent gear that people are wanting to pass on
Also, if you tell him you're a BcUK member there's a 10% discount. As Andy says above, Mark seems both knowledgeable and only too willing to chat about gear. This is the sort of place that'd be a godsend to anybody starting out as well as those just wishing to replace items or try something new; he'll also do his best to source something that's requested.

It's in a very good situation, just at the end of the M50 spur and easily reached fron S Wales as well; those who live anywhere near this neck of the woods will know how poorly served we are for hands - on kit shopping!

I have no connection with Mark, met him today and had an enjoyable chat for half an hour and was impressed with the range of stuff and the prices so I thought I'd pass it on :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Oh, I feel a short trip coming on this weekend, so long as I can think of an excuse with the wife.

More gear, dear? No, you must have been seeing things. I wouldn't do that...

I'm sure she'd believe that, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm sure you'd find the visit worthwhile Mike, even if you didn't buy anything; we've all been impressed by your willpower and ability to resist temptation in the past!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I was over near Ross-on-Wye yesterday and one of my young nephews was packing up camp to go home; when I saw the state of his pack I gave him a few bob and advised him to walk into town and pay a visit to Forest
Surplus. When he came back a little later he told me he hadn't bought anything as he'd been busy staring in the shop window at a certain Mr. Mears who was visiting Mark. He was too shy to go in,(he's eight) but walked about in a daze for the rest of the day :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I was up there today for a look round. Mark the owner was really friendly and helpful and the stock seemed pretty good. I came away with two bushy shrts and a replacement water bottle for a broken one at home, and more money still in my pocket than I should have. I will be visiting again.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Oh I didn't know about this,I don't go to Ross often, must get up there as need to visit the gunshop,I can recommend the cake shop down bottom of town,opposite the car accessory shop.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
South Wales... It's in HEREFORDSHIRE, which is still England last time I looked ;)

Might give it a look when there next, but I use Command Post in Hereford, have got some good bargains in there.

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
Might give it a look when there next, but I use Command Post in Hereford, have got some good bargains in there.

Just dropped into this dude. Wasn't intending to buy anything, but came away with a British Army Arctic sleeping bag. Well chuffed, will be going back.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Good to see they are doing well enough to expand. I've seen lots of surplus stores close so it is nice to see someone doing well. Long way away for me but next time I'm traveling down the M5, I might just have to take a little detour along the M50. It's been a few years since I was last in Ross though we used to pop over quite often when we lived in Worcestershire.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
South Wales... It's in HEREFORDSHIRE, which is still England last time I looked ;)

Red brooks in Forest of Dean but has a np postcode lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE