Summer Hiking Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ekdog

Dec 13, 2009
Seville, Spain
I'm in the market for a good hiking shirt to wear in summer. I frequent areas where temperatures can reach 40º and higher, so I need something that is cool and quick-drying and will protect me from the sun. Other pluses would be a fabric that doesn't get smelly too quickly and perhaps mosquito repellency.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ekdog

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I use the North Face ones when I'm digging in Summer.
UV protection, quick drying, don't smell, insect bite proof :approve:.........cost a blooming fortune unless you can get to a Factory shop sale though :sigh:

cheers,
Toddy

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Rohan make a good shirt - I've had mine a few years now & it's still going strong.
02594_2.jpg

Fabric: 100% polyamide with DMC™ and HealthGuard™

•The definitive adventurous travel shirt.
•Two chest pockets with Rollover™ closure.
•Zipped chest security pocket.
•Adjustable sleeves.
•Dry Loops™.
•Locker loop.
•Triple-stitched main seams.
•Offset side seams.
•Offset shoulder seams.
•Durable.
•Packable.
•High-wicking.
•Quick-drying.
•Easy to wash.
•Crease resistant.
http://www.rohan.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=02594&cid=MensShirts&language=en-GB#
Not cheap, but worth considering IMHO.

Simon

Last edited:

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
I'm with Simon M.
I went off to the desert in Nevada for nearly 2 years with a bunch of Rohan shirts. They are all as good as new bar one which got so much sun lotion on it that it discoloured. I dont know if they will ever wear out!
Can't be beat when your health depends on it.
Good luck. Sounds like a great trip.
G:)

cockroach

Feb 17, 2010
Kent
Cragghoppers are good, especially if you get them at the regular sale price, check their website they sometimes have clearouts, or TK Maxx.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE