Suggestion ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Slaine

Sep 23, 2005
Canterbury
Hi all,

Just a quick thought but how about a thread/sticky/forum as to what everyone is doing, collecting, eating, preparing for broken down by month ? In other words have sub groups January/Feb/Mar etc and forum members post in the relative month what they are up to i.e. March collecting Birch sap ?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think it’s an excellent suggestion, but it would take up a huge space and necessitate the setting up of a good number of new forums. There was a few seasonal threads that people set up although I don’t think they really came to much.

How things usually work is that information is put into the appropriate thread, in this instance it could be Bushcraft chatter with a title of bushcraft in the winter, it could ask people to contribute with what they’re up to , recipes, foods, foraging, shelters used, camping experiences etc etc….After there’s a few of these they might warrant a forum of their own and expand in there, then they could be further sub divided.

This way works best as forums tend to die if there’s hardly anything in them and if we created forums for the seasons etc there would be little in them for long time.

I think it would be a great idea, a bit like a blog but the seasonal side of it more important than the rest of the structure.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ok for a start.........

(in best 'Jessie' impersonation i can muster)

this week i'll be mostly eating golden syrup sarnies :lmao: (check out the char cloth thread and it will all make sence :eek: )

seriously i think it is a great idea perhaps if it starts like the bushcraft ABC did and someone starts a thread on the first of Jan (I would but I will be away) and then start another in Feb etc I think it would then end up as a great resource and perhaps rather than creating a seperate forum Tony (not that i'm trying to make work for you mate) or one of the other backroom boys make it into a article.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE