Stovie Jr paddles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
too good a day to miss...in fact been out earlier this week in the evenings its been soooo lovely...

the Arun above Rowner was the play spot today, and it gave S Jr a chance to practice his control, and keep him and his friend off the dreaded X Box...

setting off in search of the Sussex wilds...
arunpaddle1.jpg

These will be the wilds, then
arunpaddle2.jpg

Max realising he doewsn't need to do much, just sit and enjoy...
arunpaddle3.jpg

Stovie looking pretty in the warm light...The canoe, not me...
arunpaddle4.jpg

The obligatory und3r the bridge shot
arunpaddle6.jpg

Not all plain sailing...quite a lot of debris to negotiate...
arunpaddle8.jpg

What could be better than this...
arunpaddle10.jpg

Eventually I get to play...and Oscar has his first trip out in the Apache...
arunpaddle12.jpg

And as I paddle off, I dream of this coming July/August and the Blaeberry valley in the Canadian Rockies...Cant come soon enough...
arunpaddle13.jpg

If it stays like this its goin' to be a great summer....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sure is going to be a great one.

Was cutting back trees with the chainsaw and digging out overgrown hedges. Decided we weren't happy with the dozen or so fruit trees we now have in so planned to put another "mini orchard" in. I thought of you when BB suggested putting a couple of cider apple trees in the next batch!

Got a new neighbour too :)

New born shire by British Red, on Flickr

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
If you've got the space a couple of Kingston Blacks would serve you well. But beware they are pretty big when mature.
I like your new neighbour...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll get them grafted onto an mm106 rootstock so they'll top out at 10 fee or sot. We are going for large but manageable - got enough room for decent trees thank goodness but don't want so high that harvesting is difficult.

I blame you for this!

The new bathtub is looking particualrly spiffy btw!

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
That canoe is awesome. You've finished it very well, especially the art. I've been tracking the progress on your other post!

I'm very inspired and just trying to convince the wife that this is the way forward for our summer holidays!

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Your young man is looking very confident at the stern....

Gordy

Cheers Gordy. He's definately coming along...He's only dunked me once this year :eek: Getting plenty of practice for later in the year, got the Blaeberry River to negotiate, in Golden B.C.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE