Stove idea?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have been making a few Alcohol stoves of late and have with one of them managed to get a pint to a rolling boil in just under 3 minutes using 1 ounce(28ml) of Meths. I don't feel I can get much better with a Airgun pellet tin design and was wanting to try a pressurized design with the copper pipe loops that I see on Youtube.

Has anyone made a stove of this type and if so how do they compare to the basic pop can stove in terms of boil time, they look hot but I'm unsure? I know they make more noise though!

One down-side of these stoves is their height what with the copper loops so I was thinking.... instead of putting the loops above the fuel reservoir, could they be placed inside a donut shaped fuel tank so the top of the loops are level with the fuel tank?

Was just wondering if this would work before I spend a Saturday making one. I've not seen this donut design before and I have done a lot of Youtube looking!!

Steve.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I had similar thoughts a few years ago. I never tried it, but thought that a square donut made up of plumbing fittings with a double loop coil in the middle might work.

conall

Tenderfoot
Aug 25, 2009
southampton
I posted a borde style meths stove on here a couple of months ago. have polished it up and a change on the cope tube feeding into the tank. originally I had it going in parallel to the bottom but found it spat the fuel out if it was horizontal so u-bent the tube inside the tank to stop this. took it a couple of weeks ago on an overnighter and had rigged in my hobo stove. iit went a treat, a right little roarer :eek:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE