stove advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I'm looking for a fairly portable and fairly lightweight stove that is still big enough to hold a decent sized fire. I'd use it with a stove pipe inside a 7 man tipi and elsewhere and would transport it in the car. I can't find anything much available in the UK apart from the woodlander small stove featured on here which I think would be too small. I saw a couple on US sites but worry about import duties and costly carriage. I don't much mind whether it folds down or not as long as its reasonable portable.

Any help and advice would be great. Thanks.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
never underestimate the heat a good stove can chuck out... bison/beaver in Norway do a lovely little one at a reasonable price... other than that, you have the recycled bottle route or the highly expensive tentipi ones perhaps.

I got a little firebox as a compromise between big heavy stove and being cold :p

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
In fact they look fantastic, I've not seen em before I just did a search, but I note the site also suggests their workshop stoves as good yurt stoves, so definitely on the right lines....

workshop-stoves-b.jpg

workshop-stove-operation.jpg

The smallest one, the RS1 is £124 inc VAT but looks like you need a flue as well.

Dimensions are:

Height: 500 mm
Width: 310 mm
Flue dia: 90 mm
Heat output: 4 Kw (1600 BTU)

So you'd need a 90mm flue, I wonder if the tentipi chimney would fit? I know you can buy the chimney on it's own.

Stove_chim_vdk.jpg

http://www.stunningtents.co.uk/Sales/Stove_chimney.asp

Or possibly the bison stove flue?

Anyone got a current or active link for Bison tents in Norway? Their old site seems to be down.

Feb 4, 2007
devon
I've got a 9man tapp varrie and use a stove made from a recycled gas cylinder. It weighs about 25kg and with the chimney it cost me about £200. I got it from a company based in dorset called albion canvas that makes all sorts of old style tents and tipis, a web search will find them. Its the best 200 quid I've ever spent, its beautifully made, has a large removable door and vents on the front and on the chimney so you have total control over the heat, and it has a flat top for cooking. It fits this sort of tene perfectly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE