Storm Kettle F1 Ti

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
A possible for naming it the Ti is because storm are also selling the none anodised F1 as well. And don't want to get them mixed up

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I think it's a misleading name - when I first read this thread I assumed it was titanium

When I first read their advert I thought it was Ti! And thats the problem - we tend to skim through stuff and make unconscious interpretations. Hence seeing something advertised as an F1 Ti, you assume its made of Ti, not Alu. In this case, totally my fault, as I should know better than to not read all the details, but if I fell for it, I'm sure others will too.

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Thanks Shewie for starting this thread, have been looking at this one or an mkettle for a few weeks now and as I believe you've used or owned both, I'm really looking forward to your comments.
All the best with the trials - Marmite

Drop

Nov 2, 2006
Wakefield
It's misleading enough naming for me to do a rare unlurk and post. I think it's underhanded and something that makes me think twice about purchasing from them.

Last edited:

Syrio

Aug 14, 2012
Midlands
Too much fuss imo.

I agree its a poor choice of name, but they clearly state in the 2nd line of text for the item what exactly it is therefore if you read the description of what you are going to buy there's no way you could be fooled and if you dont read the description, well your setting yourself up there.

If you really feel that strongly about it, a polite letter to the company may influence them to change it.

Moving on, this is the first time ive seen one of these. I was debating getting a Honey Stove as an all in one, now this might be a contender also with the accessories.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I found the prototype a bit of a fuss, but i was pleasantly surprised with how quick this one got going. I have now made a small stand to sit on the firebowl, & to use that with out the kettle to cook on using say a crusader mug, but not tried it yet.

Rob

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
How's the kettle been going shewie? I've had a play with an mkettle today (thanks simon), but I do like the look of the f1. I'm sure its better than my botched spud, pilchard and fray bentos tin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How's the kettle been going shewie? I've had a play with an mkettle today (thanks simon), but I do like the look of the f1. I'm sure its better than my botched spud, pilchard and fray bentos tin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm liking it so far, prolly used it around a dozen times now.

P1010407P.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE