Storm Kettle F1 Ti

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I got sent one of these to test last Monday, I'll get round to a proper review later this week but thought I'd share a couple of pics with you. I had a late start at work on Thursday so packed the new kettle and headed for the woods for a couple of hours.

Getting it going with a thin slice off a Fire-Up firelighter and a handful of split pine
P1010379P.jpg

In the meantime I filled the kettle to just below the spout and popped her on
P1010380P.jpg

The flames started drawing through the top almost immediately
P1010382P.jpg

I forgot to do any kind of timing but it was quick, we had two cups of fresh coffee poured through a filter in next to no time. I used hardly any fuel and the ash remains were very fine, so early impressions are good it has to be said. Lightweight, quick, efficient and clean. I know these types of burners are a one trick pony but I do like them and use a 1pt Kelly regularly whilst out and about, due to the smaller bulk and lighter weight I can see this one becoming my new favourite.

I'll get some more info up later in the week.

P1010381P.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tried not to like it honestly mate, I was expecting it to be tippy and not burn well but it worked just fine, I'd even say it was more stable than my KK

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Definitely looks like it would be at home next to a Formula 1 car and the rivets on the cosy sock set off the colouring of the Ti to give it a solid look . Not unlike something from cyberdyne technologies ....just missing the glowing eyes :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I got one as well, & had the first burn in mine on saturday, very impressed with the finish & fit/attention to detail. I got the second boil time down to 2minutes 20.

Rob

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Mmmmmmm..... Shiny! :). That is one nice bit of kit you've got there shewie. What does it weigh. Is this a new product that is not yet realeased. If so how much will it be.
Thanks
Jacob

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
Does anyone actually make a similar kettle out of Titanium?

Probably much too expensive for most people but bombproof and light. Maybe I will get some sheet and unearth my beating tools and dies just to see how difficult it might be.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Does anyone actually make a similar kettle out of Titanium?

Probably much too expensive for most people but bombproof and light. Maybe I will get some sheet and unearth my beating tools and dies just to see how difficult it might be.

I think that one IS titanium...

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
The advertising is misleading but it actually states "The Ti version has a titanium colored hard anodised coating" so it is actually aluminium with a price premium.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Ah - sorry - I don't like that at all. Iffy advertising in my opinion."The F1 Ti, Our lightest, most robust and compact Storm Kettle available today."

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ah - sorry - I don't like that at all. Iffy advertising in my opinion."The F1 Ti, Our lightest, most robust and compact Storm Kettle available today."

I think that is actually a true statement though Andy, the F1 is their lightest kettle and the anodized coating gives it some extra strength over the uncoated version.

It's not had a proper test yet so the jury's still out, but I do like it. It's a massive improvement on the mkI version I tested last year.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Ok. But labelling something as Ti, when in fact it is alu with a Ti coating, is misleading in my book. Having said that, it does look nice:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE