Stopped again.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I have to say Wayland i am with you i got so sick of being stopped and searched in my youth that i can't help but ooze dry wit and snide remarks anytime i am stopped these days, this mostly stems from i know these days there is nothing i could be done for and i definitely never have anything in my pockets they could screw me over for, the last time i was stopped was about a year ago at 3am, me and my buddy were night mountain biking and he got a thorn in his tyre so we are sitting dressed in full mtb padded gear with helmets with lights on and hydropack backpacks on under a street lamp and he is fixing a puncture with the wheel off the bike and bits scattered about the floor, cop drives past spins around and pulls up rolling down his window and says "" What you two doing?" My reply "We're roasting a chicken" this is followed by a full PID check of us both and the serial numbers on our bikes and a thorough search of all our pockets and belongings. One day i'll learn to keep my gob shut

Must be a northern thing I suffer from the same affliction. Once got stopped walking a farm road in camo with a game bag and a gunship sporting a Beretta logo. When asked what was in the bag I medically NEEDED to say a fencepost. The look on his face was worth the 25 minuets of licence checks and assorted other nonsense

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I couldn't help myself, it was clear we were cyclists, it was clear one of us had a puncture so in my world if you really ask stupid questions you deserve stupid answers

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I couldn't help myself, it was clear we were cyclists, it was clear one of us had a puncture so in my world if you really ask stupid questions you deserve stupid answers

Much like when he said "have you got a licence for that mate" I had to reply "do you need one like?" as you said, ask a stupid question

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I think this might be a northern thing, brought up on sarcasm, i even had a teacher at my primary school used to do it to us but intellectually, we were between 7 and 9 in his class and if you asked if you could go to the toilet he would say "I don't know, can you?"

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
When I was younger the airport customs stopped me every time I returned from abroad. On several occasions I asked why and got the answer that they had to check people like me. Oh well - they never found any bad stuff (I'm a good guy) and they never mentioned the fact that I was always well over quota on cigarettes and spirits.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I used to get stopped for being female in charge of a fast car. There was one memorable night when I was asked a similar question about what was in the back and I was delighted to be able to tell the officer that there were 2 silver cups and a bag of tools. I was on my way back from dropping my dinghy off at the place I kept it and had won a championship at the weekend, hence the silver cups and the tools which were actually the best part of the prize. They actually went to the trouble of finding out whether there really had been a sailing competition before they let me go home.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I think this might be a northern thing, brought up on sarcasm, i even had a teacher at my primary school used to do it to us but intellectually, we were between 7 and 9 in his class and if you asked if you could go to the toilet he would say "I don't know, can you?"

Ha it's same here. Sir! Sir! My pens running out.well yer better close door then.hadn't yer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'll try my best not to use that one if i get stopped by a cop when i am in usa in august as i don't want to get shot, sadly the stereotype of cops eating donuts does not apply to UK cops

Wayland

Hárbarðr

Obviously the plod that tried it on with me was keen to make a bust but not paying attention to his surroundings.

The politicians say that reported crime is falling but that's just because we stopped reporting things like vehicles being broken into because there is absolutely no point. The police are far too busy stopping easy targets on the road instead of trying to catch real criminals.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Obviously the plod that tried it on with me was keen to make a bust but not paying attention to his surroundings.

The politicians say that reported crime is falling but that's just because we stopped reporting things like vehicles being broken into because there is absolutely no point. The police are far too busy stopping easy targets on the road instead of trying to catch real criminals.
How very little you know.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
You're right, all I know is that I didn't even bother to report the last two times my van was broken into because I knew nothing would ever happen and that I regularly get stopped, for no good reason, while going about my lawful business.

Seven cars were broken into in one night around our street last month, only three people bothered to report it but the police did not turn out for any of them.

How much respect for the police do you actually believe I should try to maintain?

Cub Kaa

May 31, 2015
North Devon
With regards to not reporting crime. We once had a load of washing taken from the line. All new t shirts. We reported it, the Police, mind you this was a good few years ago told us that we should report all crime

Say for instance they stop and search some one or follow a lead and the person has a load of gear them. If no one has reported it then they can't do the person.

While I wouldn't expect them to come running around, I'd report any crime as it counts towards crime stats.

I had my car broken into. The police came out and even took finger prints. Never caught anyone, doubt they even tried. It when the coppers came into home one started questioning me on my hifi and TV gear ! Things like what have you there and where did I get it.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
attachment.php

Might as well as the end result is the same, nowt gets done about your crime and the person you tell couldn't give a s**t either way

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE