Stoney Creek Long Bush Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
These don't seem to have been written up on here much so I thought I would share a few thoughts about my new purchase

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/styles.php?ProductID=111258&ClassID=158

It's a very nicely-cut long hooded bush-shirt - basically a Swazi Tahr / Rigeline Monsoon but in a tough double-sided windproof fleece. Having found my Ridgeline Monsoon very sweaty I was a bit nervous about getting this, but in fact it breathes fine - about the same as Gore Windstopper. It is a great cut, with waist drawcord, has a good hood and has excellent hand-warmer pockets. It's not waterproof, but it will hold off a fair shower because of its windproof membrane, and of course it is a fleece and will not like being exposed very closely to fire (having said that I have never managed to melt or damage a fleece by a fire). On its own it is a great garment for lounging outside in the evening or for a cold dog-walk. Under my Swazi Wapiti it is a simply awesome cold weather combo.

Very chuffed so far and a pretty good price.

lathe dog

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2010
Middlesex
Yup, mine will be getting another outing next weekend at bardsters.

Fits great under a German army goretex jacket as well if need be.....

Great bit of kit.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Only minor gripe is the lack of a chin guard for the zip.
Danger there then :eek:
sajyme8a.jpg

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
More and more convinced by this smock. Out for an hour's dog walk in steady rain today, 5c. Wearing a cotton shirt underneath and no other layers. Stayed warm and dry, dry from the rain and free from condensation.

Sizing is pretty typical - I am usually an XL and an XL fits me fine.

Love the chin!

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers, what chest are you ? I've just spoken to them and he's recommending a 2xl for a 45 chest .

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Cheers, what chest are you ? I've just spoken to them and he's recommending a 2xl for a 45 chest .

I'm 6-2 and a 45 ins chest with longer-than-average arms. I am fine with the XL, but it is not huge and would be OK also with the XXL, although the arms might be a bit long. It's so warm you won't want many layers underneath.

HTH

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers for that. I know its an **** and you might be wishin tha'd niver mentioned it.....any chance of a pit to cuff measure ? :eek:;)

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
No problem. On the XL :

Pit-to-pit is 26 inches
Pit-to-cuff is 21.5 inches
Base of hood to bottom hem is 35 inches

It's stretchy so it's easier to get on than non-stretchy smocks like the Ridgeline Monsoon or Swazi Tahr

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers for that. Xl it is then. Only figured on wearing a baselayer with it Hopefully have one by the weekend :thumbup:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE