Stollen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Stollen ... Hmmmmm! Funnily had a few pfefferkuchen whilst round at a mates today. Love those things, they really push the right buttons.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Marzipan :yuck:
old fashioned marchpane made without bitter almonds in the mix is another thing entirely though :D

I'm sewing a Christmas quilt......the days are fair drawing in if we're thinking about the festive season already :)

M

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Always have marzipan in the emergency bag, tasty, sugar packed and as a lot of others don't like it it doesn't get scoffed.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I just throw it in the range to be honest on an old marble slab I use as a bake stone - can't abide baking tins

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I get mine from the local 'family run' German cake place, I do quite fancy having a go myself though.

My Christmas doesn't start until the morning of the sixth of December when my kids will either find some goodies placed inside one of their boots by Mikulás (Santa) or be dragged away by his demonic assistant Krampusz.

:)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm sure its fine - but have a crack at baking one with that grandson of yours - and try it warm from the oven with that smell of marzipan in the air!

I should bake more cakes, I make bread quite often and little fairy cakes with the grandson... I might give it a bash. I need to make some piccalilli too, stock is running out fast. Pickled eggs need doing too, nice little job for young Jacob I think :)

Talking of the little treasure, he's at the local Church School now and was voted pupil of the week last week:cool:

1100756.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its worth doing - my baby girl still sends me photos of her cake creations now that she has her own place....and chutneys too!

I was happiest with her choice of Birthday present this year - a decent sized high quality chutney and jam pan :). Not a TV (which she doesn't have) or other frippery - but a cooking tool!

Happy Dad!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE