Stolen Gransfors in Cheshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
Hi Guys, Just a quick post to say i had two Gransfor stolen out of the back of my Landy a few eeks back, 1x Small Forest Axe with a broken sheath, it also had a tiny nick out of the underside of the shaft just next to the blade, also 1x wild life hatchet, in excellent condition. The robbing B********ds smashed the back window in and legged it, so if you come across any for sale that might fit the discription please contact me. Probably in the cheshire area. I hope they find out how sharp they are the hard way..... Sorry bitter and twisted........ The weird thing is there was lots of kit in there but thats all they took....

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
It's a shame but some scrote probably just wants them to sort bonfire night! Their true value isn't (probably) known.

They probably caused more damage than the value of the axes didn't they?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Lets hope they are not used to using axes, especially not sharp ones ;)

Karma baby karma...

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I think if you write inside the sheath, end of the haft and the underside of the axe head it should last long enough as those areas, except for the sheath, aren't in constant grip.

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
to hear that John. Hope you get them back in their original state soon.

Which leads me on to a question... What's the best way to security mark things like knives and axes?

G

BCUK member 'Wenie' works in the blacksmith's workshop in Saint Fagans folk museum in Cardiff. If you ask her nicely:grouphug: I'm sure she'll stamp names, postcodes etc. Having said that, I'm not sure if stamping precision tools is the way to go.:dunno: I know it invalidates the warranty on anything bought from my local tool shop:deal: .

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
John, s'rry to hear about the lost tools, hope the damage to the Landy hasn't been too bad. Keep on on cuttin'!

Thanks to Baggins and Jodie for reviving the etching thread. Looks like a good option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE