Stoat or Weasel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I've been pondering this one for a bit.
The tracks just seem slightly too big for weasel but not big enough for stoat (I'm looking at comparing it with the silver part of the lighter).
I'm thinking the tracks are exaggerated/enlarged slightly by the mud so am erring on the side of weasel. Any other input would be appreciated.
This is beside a stream running through ancient woodland. There is a rodent print there too.

Track2.jpg

Track1.jpg

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
In the top pic I reckon you've got both; either that or a young stoat. Difficult to say from the pic.

I did contemplate a juvenile in my initial train of thought but the date of the pic being 2nd week in May made me decide a single youngster wouldn't be on its own in such a short time span after birth.
There is two sets of prints in the top pic but the one to the left of centre is rodent, I'm not sure which as I struggle to differentiate them :dunno:, but I'm positive it's rodent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE