Steven Callahan - Adrift passaround

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
hi everyone
i've got a well read copy of steven callahan - adrift, 76 days lost at sea. i've read it about half a dozen times over the years, so i thought i'd offer it for a passaround for anyone who hasn't read it yet.
PM me and i'll send it off

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Is that the guy who was in the Sea Survival episode of RM's Extreme Survival series?
If so can you put me in the queue for the pass around please.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
bushcarft4life and 'loz' both pm'd at the same time - whichever address i get first, gets it first! Greg - you're in the queue, watch the thread for progress

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
This is an exceptional book, one that will interest you to the point that you will probably seek other books out in the same topic. Maurice and Maralyn Bailey wrote a book that is very good, and there is another called Red sky in mourning. That is about a woman who is left unconcious on a boat and her boyfriend swept overboard in a storm. She needs to jury rig a new mast and all other manner of things. Based on a true story. Aslo, dougal robertson has wrote a book or two, one of which is quite expensive these days!

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
i had a proof copy of dougal robertsons book years ago - 'survive the savage sea' i think it was called?
one of those things that now i think 'wonder what happened to that?'

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
Loz - just sent book today - sorry for the delay - i couldn,t find the book - turned up under my daughters bed with a few other bits i'd lost - she's a bit of a magpie!
and rabsyboys post is one of the daftest things i've ever read!

Boatswain

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2007
South London
Just like to add that 2 of the best books I've ever read about survival at sea are
Death Raft by Alexander McKee and
Desperate Voyage by John Caldwell.

Cheers Roy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE