Start college in the morning (bushy related)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
not been 'round these parts too much recently (sorry, I will try and attend more often), been busy and all, but as I know there are one or two on here who are doing something similar I thought I'd delurk for this.
I start on my NC in Countryside Management tomorrow, at Capel Manor college in Enfield. Not too sure what to expect from it, and TBH I'm a bit nervous. At 38 I suspect I'll be one of the oldest on the course (tho I've been assured that I shouldn't be older than the tutors :lmao: ).
I've spent the last 9 months as a FTV (full time volunteer) at the ashridge NT estate (wave if you go there), so I have a fair idea of what to expect from the work, just don't know about all this book learnin'. I hope to stay at Ashridge one day a week whilst I'm studying (well, that's the plan anyway).
Anyway, blog over...

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Make the most of it, it sounds like you know what you have let yourself in for!

I went back to college at 29. A few of us more mature students soon had the younger ones wanting to work with us - we always finished first because we were more orgainised!

Simon

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Hey Mike I'm a lot older than you! Some of the others on the course are pretty old and grey too. There's actually a mixture of old, young and in between which I like because it makes things interesting.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
not been 'round these parts too much recently (sorry, I will try and attend more often), been busy and all, but as I know there are one or two on here who are doing something similar I thought I'd delurk for this.
I start on my NC in Countryside Management tomorrow, at Capel Manor college in Enfield. Not too sure what to expect from it, and TBH I'm a bit nervous. At 38 I suspect I'll be one of the oldest on the course (tho I've been assured that I shouldn't be older than the tutors :lmao: ).
I've spent the last 9 months as a FTV (full time volunteer) at the ashridge NT estate (wave if you go there), so I have a fair idea of what to expect from the work, just don't know about all this book learnin'. I hope to stay at Ashridge one day a week whilst I'm studying (well, that's the plan anyway).
Anyway, blog over...

Good for you,a new challenge in life.

Bernie

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
Hey Mike I'm a lot older than you! Some of the others on the course are pretty old and grey too. There's actually a mixture of old, young and in between which I like because it makes things interesting.

yeah, was actually quite pleased to see that there was a number of older guys on the course (one is 50, I'm so pleased not to be the oldest:D ), in fact only a handful are in the 16-18 bracket.
1st day impressions were pretty much what I expected, a lot of being talked at by various bods, still tomorrow we get out and about, so that should be more fun. And one of the tutors is into viking re enactment, which is something I quite fancy having a go at, so long as it involves dressing up silly and lots of drinking and fighting.:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE