Stanley Camp Cook Set - Cheapest I have seen it!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I have seen these well reviewed on Youtube for a year or two now and have always thought they could be useful but seemed to expensive to take a chance on. Well I thought I would put a heads up on here as others might think the same as me. They are now available for £14.95 including postage on ebay. I have pressed the button and thought maybe one of you guys would be interested to at this price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-0-71L...Goods_Camping_Accessories&hash=item2c7ddef524

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
14.95 is one hell of a deal. I thought I got a deal at $22. I love mine and it's a stable of my kit. Just be careful with the plastic handle on the lid. Some people have managed to melt theirs, I haven't. But you can cut it off and replace it with a split ring. The mugs are nice for a steaming hot brew without burning your fingers.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
TarHeelBrit,

presterjohn paid £14.95.

$22.00 works at £14.06, so you win.

Everything is overpriced over here, compared to the US.

rorymax

BLAG

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2014
sherwood forest
I've got one works great with the gsi glacier mug..the lid off the cookset fits the mug perfectly and the mug slides on the cookset. Fits great as a complete kit in 5.11 h20 pouch

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
TarHeelBrit,

presterjohn paid £14.95.

$22.00 works at £14.06, so you win.

Everything is overpriced over here, compared to the US.

rorymax

Thanks mate, well that makes a change I usually buy an item then 10 minutes later it goes on sale. Maybe not everything is overpriced. I found a website where you can enter your Kwh energy usage and compare prices from different suppliers. Well after some number crunching it seems that per Kwh electricity is cheaper over there. Especially since the local energy monopoly has just jacked up their rates again.

Its now gone down from $22 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-Adventure-Series-Camp-Cook-Set/16784406

Works really well with the hobo stove.

Thanks
Tim

Also it fits the boil plate of the folding firebox perfectly. Plus if I take out the cups I can fit an alcohol stove and a bottle of fuel inside.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
get one you won't be disappointed me and beusifilis use ours all the time i think we paid more

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
these have been on my amazon wish list for about a year, I live in hope!, not as cheap as you have found. Thanks for sharing.

coolerking

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2008
Manchester
linktr.ee
I did a YouTube video on mine when it arrived, I raved about it to everyone I know, i use it as my main cookpot now really, for most things anyway, I love it, I paid a lot more for it though. :-(
I may consider buying a second one for other set ups I have for that price?

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I did a YouTube video on mine when it arrived, I raved about it to everyone I know, i use it as my main cookpot now really, for most things anyway, I love it, I paid a lot more for it though. :-(
I may consider buying a second one for other set ups I have for that price?

Do you have a link to the Youtube vid please

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Got mine in the US several years ago, and like it a lot. However, I really don't like the fact that the bottom is sorta rounded - would have been better if it had been entirely flat!

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
Presterjohn thanks for the heads up. I ordered one but was quite worried about the negative feedback the seller had, however, the item came delivered 3 days earlier than they originally quoted. Initially, really impressed with this item.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE