'Stalking' knife in 01 scandi and buckeye burr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Stabilised buckeye burr, looks blue under natural light, grey under energy saving bulb and through to lilac in the sunset, an utterly beautiful piece of wood.

The handle shape is one that I believe is the most comfortable for a range of holds for prolonged use, everything is rounded and taken down to 6000 grit (oiled at 200).

I like this and I'm pleased with it. To be fair, it needs natural light, I'll add tomorrow.

Richard

SAM_2346.jpg

SAM_2345.jpg

SAM_2347.jpg

SAM_2348.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
This is awaiting first refusal, if he doesn't like it I'll pop it in makers sales.

Like Jonathon D I like full flat mostly, so I have this for me in RWL. Chestnut - all my wood is stabilised and all from Pikebite, that man must be able to see into the grain because he has never ever sent me anything that isn't wonderful. FGYT has done a stand up job on the blades too, which means I must harass him for more now.....

SAM_2350.jpg

SAM_2349.jpg

Last edited:
S

Something In The Woodshed

That Chestnut number is superb. Fabulous grain..
Duncan is really producing some excellent, and dare I say, original blades.
M

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
To be honest - it's my design, but Dunc makes them exactly how I had them in my mind. I sincerely hope that will be doing the business on some form of Bambi two weeks today.....:red:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cracking looking knife there. It's rare that a knife really appeals to me, and within two days, I've seen two, this and Duncans CF knife. Much prefer the full flat over scandi, I find it is so much more versatile. Duncans Flandi is an inspired grind and one I'll be testing out further in the future.

The handle shape on this knife looks very comfortable for prolonged use.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Cracking looking knife there. It's rare that a knife really appeals to me, and within two days, I've seen two, this and Duncans CF knife. Much prefer the full flat over scandi, I find it is so much more versatile. Duncans Flandi is an inspired grind and one I'll be testing out further in the future.

The handle shape on this knife looks very comfortable for prolonged use.

Want to test it when I get back from Scotland? As long as you promise not to hurt it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE