Squirrel "Massacre"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Btw, it's unsurprising to see that the RSPCA is behind all this. Take a look at their latest antics: http://aljahom.wordpress.com/2010/07/31/ahhh-the-rspca-again/

My late father-in-law had 200 head of dairy cattle. Cows go lame, even when they're cared for with diligence and love (and he knew no other way), and when this happened he'd bring the sick ones in to a paddock by the farmhouse so that he could keep a close eye on them. The local RSPCA busybodies would make a point of hammering on his door claiming they had police powers to seize his herd and have him arrested for neglect. If you're going to give money to an animal charity, then think very carefully about which one you wish to support...

M

Mentalpatient

how very sad...
I am a meat eater, and always have been and poor squiwwels with ickle fwuffy tails are not gonna stop me...
squirrels attack kids, it has been reported a few times (no link as of yet)

also the RSPCA captured a load of foxes from london and dumped them on the Suffolk/Norfolk border, in the wild...
they died because there weren't any wheelie bins to raid

as for the RSPB... they killed all the foxes that swam to Havergate Island in Suffolk because they ate the gull eggs and chicks.
now the gull colony is too big, they are hungry and now fly upriver to Aldeburgh and pester people eating fish and chips!

Ridiculous!
another thing that gets me is my local council culled a few ducks, but I didn't find any in the local butcher! duck tastes lovely but they incinerated them!

next it will be unethical to eat vegetables because you pick them when they are alive!

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
Actress and Viva patron Jenny Seagrove also spoke out against the sales, saying: "What gruesome product will be next to grace our food aisles? Blackbird, field mouse or mole?"

I guess she's never heard of blackbird pie lol.

personally I'd rather see them going to a good use (such as food) than just being burnt, I like squirrels as much as the next guy but seriously grey squirrels are about as invasive as japanese knotweed and just as destructive. where I live I used to see lots of red squirrels but in the last 5 years I've only seen one, they've been compleatly replaced by greys

on a side note I've always wated to try squirrel meat, I wonder what the RSPCA will say to me shooting and eating one for my dinner lol

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
:nono:

squirrelfamily294x300.jpg

If you want a war a war is what you'll get :AR15firin

armysquirrel.jpg

PREPER............. :)

happysquirrel.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I live near the north lancs / south cumbria border and am looking for somewhere that sells squirrel meat. Anyone know amnywhere to go for it? I know there are a few pubs near the askham, Bampton and over to threkeld area of Cumbria who sometiimes have tree rats on their specials menu. I really wwant to try some. Also IF i find somewhere what's the best recipe for cooking them. I'd have thought that only the hind legs have any meat on them worth having. Am I correct?

I know a new farm shop just north of Carnforth has started selling rabbit plus there's a v good game butcher in Milnethorpe. These sorts of establishment are v important to those of us without the land or contacts to go out trapping or shooting for wild meats. we should support them. Plus the more people who ask for squirrelt the more likely it is going to be treated like another type of meat that it is. I mean you don't get the BBC banging on about cow meat being cruel to cows. Is just a more common type ofmeat.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
"Viva" seem to be another ridiculous organization like PETA. We are culling invasive, destructive greys anyway so we might as well eat them instead of incinerating them.

Despite Viva's objections there does seem to be a demand for squirrel meat. Not so sure I want to eat tree rat, especially not at the price they're charging.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/2264171.big_demand_for_squirrel_meat/

Here's some squirrel recipes for those who've visited the Crouch End Budgens courtesy of Metro newspaper

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/836507-after-budgens-sells-squirrel-meat-top-squirrel-meat-recipes

And here's a funny article that also reminds us there's nothing new about eating squirrel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...-week-So-whats-squirrel-meat-really-like.html

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
"Viva" seem to be another ridiculous organization like PETA. We are culling invasive, destructive greys anyway so we might as well eat them instead of incinerating them.

Despite Viva's objections there does seem to be a demand for squirrel meat. Not so sure I want to eat tree rat, especially not at the price they're charging.

that's cheeper than you'll get in some places, for example squirrel is considered a delicacy in some countries (france I believe is one) and actually sell for high prices

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE