Spy In The Sky Web Sites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Recently had an e-mail from friend who lives in Las Vegas. Having sent him my new address he took great delight in winding me up by saying he could see my
Land-Rover parked in the drive from the comfort of his den!

Now, I’ve tried the google web site that is pretty good at homing-in on buildings throughout central London from a satellite, but I couldn’t even find my village let alone house and Land-Rover when I pushed it into rural areas of Kent, so I’m keen to know what other subscription sites, with HIGH resolution, are available to the public here? Suggestions for the best most appreciated please.

Cheers

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Google earth is the only one I can think of. Is it google earth you've tried, or something different? PM me your postcode if you don't want to post it in public (or one near you) and I'll have a look.

If you want to install it yourself it's available at http://earth.google.com/.

As an example, here's my house (suburbs of Cardiff). Some areas are better covered than others.

google.jpg

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Mmmm looks like somewhere in Llanedeyrn/ Pentwyn to me , unless someone's moved their car recently. :lmao:

Same site shows a very quiet car park at the shopping centre and I can tell by the shadows on my garage roof that it's between 3.15 and 3.30, but my car isn't outside the house, prolly at the beach. :rolleyes:

regards

beach bum

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
:eek: Didn't know there were so many peeps in Cardiff on this Forum.......shout out from the 'riverside' forest posse....... :lmao: ...I love google earth, but the images are at least 6 years old........would be nice t' get something that was 'updated' on a reg basis

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
nasa has an amazingly res downlaodable global map thingy on its website but i cant remember what its called. it has all sorts of ecological data as well as maps and photography. gregorach might know what its called.

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
scanker said:
As an example, here's my house (suburbs of Cardiff). Some areas are better covered than others.

google.jpg

Here's another one....quite addictive until the novelty wears off :why:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps

P.S. Is that *ryn *inwydden or another of the estates near the Aldi supermarket? :dunno: The "back to front" houses with road to the rear and foot path to the front look familiar. :thinkerg:

P.P.S. Any of the Cardiff bushcraft massive going to the Mela tomorrow?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE