somewhere wild to bivvy or hammock in the langdales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

streetcleaner

Nov 17, 2009
lancashire
Hi there.. Im off on a carry your kit walk around the langdales this weekend doing the LangdALE route as per the Iphone app.. anyone got any advice on where to kip... last time I bivvyed on a field behind the toilets next to new dungeon Gyhll, but theres got to be better than that....
any ideas would be appreicated...

thanks Dave

streetcleaner

Nov 17, 2009
lancashire
Well we camped at blea tarn.. It was a wet and wild night.... But it was all worth while waking up to the mist over the water as soon as I popped my head out of my hooped dutch bivi..
I know there are signs saying no camping etc etc.. But we Arrived in the dark and left before anyone had even thought about walking along the path.. I also challenge anyone to inspect the site we where camping on.., not a sign of habitation I may add.. The way it should be.. Btw wainwrights ph was fantastic buy a pint and get three glasses with three different local ales all 1/3 pint each.. Great camp.. And great fun walking with the gear on our back parking on the road outside the talbot in skelwith bridge, nipping in for a quick sample of local ale then starting on the langdALE trail.. See the app!!!!
as we where following the trail we were obliged to stop at each watering hole, with the exception of Hobsons as it looked far too posh for us with our muddy boots and camo jackets...
Great fun ill be back!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE