Some tips from this years summer's holiday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stephendedwards

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2006
Wales
Nothing dramatic but thought them worth sharing.

First one is if your using gas (there are times when you cannot have a proper fire) then you don't need matches if you have a LmF rod.
The file on a SAK makes an excellent striker.
The sparks off a Opinel #7 are the best I have seen off anything :yikes: Positively blinding.

Self standing resealable bags for soups and stews etc. 89p in Aldi at the moment are brilliant for water storage or as we used them water tight ice holders in the tucker box.

Pop up silicone cup was fantastic hot or cold. Won't go on a fire but then a billy won't fit in your pocket. My Ti mug never saw service.

If your a coffee junky (my wife is) try the coffee plunger from nalgene fits their 1L bottle - top stuff.

Jet boil is faultless as always as were my mess tins which are still the families preferred all purpose plate/ bowl. Sporks with an opinel for cutting up the Blue Cheval - cannot be bettered.

Cargo cord leave para in the shade for heavy weight stuff like cloth lines or ridgelines. :35:

Not strictly bushcrafty more camping I suppose but it all goes in the pot in the end.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE