Some of my bushcrafty creations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corin

Dec 21, 2011
Picton NSW Australia
Hi Guys,

I just signed on here I posted an intro, but pictures better show the sorts bushcrafty things I enjoy.
I am no master of any trade but I am not afraid to turn my hands to anything as long as it interests me. Sometimes I make nice things other times I make a mess, I am only going to show you things that are not too messy...

To start with, some carvings... Bone, Wood, Stone.

corinkayaker

P7021786.jpg

P8160051.jpg

P9290111.jpg

PA170178.jpg

PA170179.jpg

D1000026.jpg

P8300409.jpg

Knife stuff...

P5131367.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSCN1484.jpg

DSCN1483.jpg

Home spun bark fiber cordage..

DSCN1207.jpg

Big Bushcraft constructions, lashed bush poles, and pulleys.

23022008003.jpg

23022008001.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

P2210350.jpg

PB131258.jpg

Corin

Dec 21, 2011
Picton NSW Australia
Thanks for the welcome and comments, glad you like my stuff! I have been having a look through the forum, I did not realise how big it was! There is heaps of great stuff on here!
Nice looking carvings, what tools are best for that kind of stone?

Hi John, the stone bowl is soap stone and is carved with really basic tools, hack saw, rasps, files, drills. I did a whole series of bowls in high school. The Jade/Greenstone pendant I carved using diamond tools in a mates workshop nearly 15 years ago. I am working with petrified wood at the moment, but it is a challenge without good quality diamond tools. It is very hard stuff!

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Corin
Nice to see you on here.
I was looking through the thread having not noticed the poster until I noticed the knife and thought I recognised it nice pioneering as expected from you.

Corin

Dec 21, 2011
Picton NSW Australia
Thanks for the positive comments all,

@Alf Hi Mate, good to see you on here! I have been flat out running knife making classes this year just gone. Something like 15 knives have been made in my shed this year, but only the one from me. I am set to change that between Christmas and new year, as I have a bunch of commissions I am months late in completing.

Did you ever get to make your own blades? That was the direction you were heading last time we spoke if I remember correctly.

@ Cowboy, The stones local name in New Zealand, is Pounamu or Green Stone, it is actually a nephrite jade. It is lovely stuff, and was highly prized by the Maori people for stone tools. It was ground as opposed to flaked, so quite different to Flint in that regard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE