sober camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have a sip at Communion every week and an occassional beer or wine with a meal plus a drink or 2 around Christmas. That's my total now. I haven't drank any alcohol while in the woods for 6-10 years now. I usually carry a gun when out and about and alcohol and guns just don't mix well; and guns are way, way more fun.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. Just think how expencive alcohol is. It costs marriges and families there mothers and fathers, Peace and quiet and safety for young children, dirt and destruction in our streets, Broken windows and damaged cars, cleaning and sweeping, cuts and bruises, police and emergency services time and energy, safety on our streets for old folk,disabled and innocent bystanders, for some life itself! No alcohols to high a price for me, I can have a good time without it!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi. Just think how expencive alcohol is. It costs marriges and families there mothers and fathers, Peace and quiet and safety for young children, dirt and destruction in our streets, Broken windows and damaged cars, cleaning and sweeping, cuts and bruises, police and emergency services time and energy, safety on our streets for old folk,disabled and innocent bystanders, for some life itself!

Sounds like a good night out that. oregonian_winesmiley.gif

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Alcahol and drinking do not have to be irresponsible ... moderate amounts are positively good for you....
Hi. Just think how expencive alcohol is. It costs marriges and families there mothers and fathers, Peace and quiet and safety for young children, dirt and destruction in our streets, Broken windows and damaged cars, cleaning and sweeping, cuts and bruises, police and emergency services time and energy, safety on our streets for old folk,disabled and innocent bystanders, for some life itself! No alcohols to high a price for me, I can have a good time without it!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I used to take some beers with me, but i've gone off doing that totally now.

I still take a drink, though these days it tends to be a hip flask with either Rum or something we have made ourselves. Normally Chilli and lime vodka ;)

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

All true but then again.....how many of those children would never have been born were it not for alcohol? :)

Remember: Accidents are the leading cause of people. So if you drink; please, please, DON'T PARK!!!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Been cutting down what i take for ages both in doors and out,some recent trip's have involved nothing at all or maybe a minture bottle of wine for after my main meal.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Looks like the government may be cutting what it regards as safe alcohol consumption if this morning's papers are anything to go by.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
never leave home without the hip flask full of ginger tams

ginger-tams.jpg

good for morale ;)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
this is not a thread that the big labowski will be reading lol as for me i like a drink around the fire 2 tins max as someone else said to much hassle if your in a hammock regards dave

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Yep. They say that about alot of things that are ok if you can control them. Try looking in alcohol and drugs programme and thay all started with one drink, and I can handle it! I have, its not a joke for those that live through it or a pretty sight. Go for a walk through the streets of our towns and cities on a Friday or Saturday night! Proud to be the father of those young people throwing up! Or being abussed due to there incapable state? Hmmm I can handle it, Ive only had one, ill drive!

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Alcahol and drinking do not have to be irresponsible ... moderate amounts are positively good for you....

+1 for that John.

Why do people seem to think "drinking" or "having a drink", means getting drunk or being unable to enjoy surroundings??? I mean, really???

I drink wine with every evening meal and always have done, if it's hot outside I'll sit in the sun and have a cold beer or two, I might have a few voddies of an evening whether in or out.

Originally Posted by Tristar777

Wow! Glad none of that has happened to me through drinking, you must've had a bad time somewhere along the line dude?

Each to thier own I reckon, if you're not a complete muppet after a couple of beers and can handle your drink, and if you want a drink, have a drink, chills me right out so I relax, I can't see that it could possibly affect my enjoyment of wherever I am.

Si

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
I used to drink a lot when I went camping with mates when I was a teenager. It was somewhere different to drink and smoke and we were too young to get into pubs. It all seems very silly now looking back...especially as I recall cans everywhere, chucking on a whitey at 8 o'clock and someone vomiting into a saucepan in the middle of the night. Lord knows I've embarrassed myself too many times drinking stupid amounts.

Mostly I don't drink anymore. I'm driving all the time, I don't have much money and I often have to be up early and alert. If I drink more than a few I just end up feeling sick nowadays. Not sure why, but it just got like that after a while.

People in this country have got a terrible attitude towards alcohol.

The negatives just outweigh the positives in this case.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE