Soapstone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
004-1.jpg

At least I think it is.

it has no artistic merit...any ideas for future use?

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I get bits of scrap soapstone from a stone carving friend of mine and make them into small cubes......place the small cubes in the freezer......add cold soapstone cubes to the single malt of your choice and you have a nicely chilled beverage without the addition of water from melting ice!!! These are commercially available as "Whiskey Stones" or "Whiskey Rocks" for a price. I wouldn't cut yours up into cubes with that engraving though!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYDKq9WIcLE

Last edited:

Colin.W

Nomad
May 3, 2009
Weston Super Mare Somerset UK
Soapstone is lovely to work with, it's soft enough to carve easily. I was just using a small knife, a cut down hacksaw blade and some warding files, I started to make a chess set with a couple of pieces of a broken lamp base years a go, lack of forward planning though I didn't think at the time I didnt have enough to make 16 chessmen or a contrasting colour for the other 16.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE