So Who's Got Snow?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
we've got a little this morning

Snow001_zps1bae5830.jpg
[/IMG]
Snow010_zpscf46c218.jpg
[/IMG]

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Had a mildly interesting drive to work today.

Perhaps foolishly I took the hilly B-road rather than the more circuitous A-road. It had been cleared, but drifts were blowing off the fields in places.

It was all going fine until I crested the brow of a hill and encountered a big drift covering the whole road, which was still blowing off the field creating complete white-out conditions. I couldn't see a thing. A tap of the brakes told me that I had none, the wheels just instantly locked. So I took my foot off the brake, downshifted and tried my best to keep the car on where I thought the road was. After a few feet the white-out cleared and I could see where I was going again.

Had another car been coming I would have crashed.

My heart was pounding a bit after that.

In retrospect if I had been in 2nd rather than 3rd when I hit the white-out there wouldn't have been such a problem. The drift and white-out section was hard to see much in advance due to the topography, but the real problem was I didn't anticipate the total loss of visibility inside it.

Last edited:

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
aye they are the cheap chinese ones. and maybe not that brave, the amount of time i have spent bedbound has left me with bad circulation and i have little sensitivty left in my feet so can barely feel the cold anyway! not curled up by the fire in cosy slippers though!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Overnight we had four more inches of snow onto what was already there, and there's 4 inches more forecast in the next 24 hours. And I don't have to be in work tomorrow! :D

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Over a foot now, just outside Alford.

y5yhabub.jpg

I left it running, just in case.

My edc has a bottle opener and a corkscrew. Nothing says trustworthy like a drunk man wielding a knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE