So simgle is it DIY tripod cook stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Made one - brilliant, simple effective and cheap! £4 the lot - works like a charm - thanks for putting this in front of us!

biscuittinbillyandhingetrivet.jpg

:You_Rock_

I think the thanks should go to the unknown contributor to popular mechanics all those years ago.

And Shewie I made mine the day after I got the book, if you can get or have the hinges its a 30 second job.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I looked in my local B&Q but I could only find T hinges. Which section did you find the long strap hinges in?

Cheers
Nick

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Hi you guys, i ahve book called the outdoor sports manual from the same people, sum amazing how to make projects, even a folding bed that folds out of the boot of your car! I highly recomend it, if you want isbn no or details i;d be happy to share, please enjoy;)

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I looked in my local B&Q but I could only find T hinges. Which section did you find the long strap hinges in?

Cheers
Nick

You might be better trying a more traditional ironmonger/hardware shop as I have had problems at B&Q since I made my first one.

It looks like they are only in the larger warehouse's and they are in the hardware section, sub section "gate furniture". You could probably ask them to look them up and order you some in.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Hi you guys, i ahve book called the outdoor sports manual from the same people, sum amazing how to make projects, even a folding bed that folds out of the boot of your car! I highly recomend it, if you want isbn no or details i;d be happy to share, please enjoy;)

Dam you ;) I was not expecting this thread to cost me anything but I just hand to order that other book. :D

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
heres the details folks, POPULAR MECHANICS OUTDOOR SPORTS MANUAL, 220 helpful hints for the fisherman, hunter, camper, boatmman.......trapper, archer, 1948. unfortunately there are no other details i can give to help you! I hpoe some/all of those interested will get ot have a look if not purchase, i.m.o you will not be disapointed, but very busy:D Have fun

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
You might be better trying a more traditional ironmonger/hardware shop as I have had problems at B&Q since I made my first one.

It looks like they are only in the larger warehouse's and they are in the hardware section, sub section "gate furniture". You could probably ask them to look them up and order you some in.

Thanx mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE