Snowdon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
Nice pics, surprised you got the snow really. I was up that way late Oct and late Nov and there wasn't any snow to be seen! Did you take an ice axe and spikes at all, or was the snow too little to warrant it?

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Love this thread,I have booked the campsite by lake Llyn cwellyn which allows open fires for the 20th april for me a and a couple of mates

to walk up snowdon cant wait.All going well i will post some pictures up.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
No crampons or axe, it literally was just the last section up onto the ridge using Pyg. The snow was 4-6 inches in the drifts, we were one of the first groups up there and so a fresh step into it provided a fair amount of grip. A little hairy coming down the same way as you can see, but I wouldn't want to be in any later groups without crampons on that compacted snow/ice!

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Nice pics, I have fond memories of going up there over the Christmas holidays.

I had a couple of aborted attempts due to reaching the snow line and having no crampons but most years I made it up:

dJqZv.png

That is the Menai Strait and Anglesey in the far distance and I was completely alone up there; it was quite something.

Thanks for the thread; it's brought back some good memories.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE