SMK XS19 break barrel air rifle may trade for air pistol. archery bow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi guys I recently got this rifle in a trade with a mate of mine but to be fair im not air rifle fond.
so im offering it for sale. it is full size full hunting power below legal limit .22 springer air rifle
beechwood stock the entire metal work has been sprayed matt black and its done well. it has a rear sight which is sat on the scope rail but I would put a scope on it if I was keeping it. but im not bothered over rifles so it has to go.
The price for this rifle is £65.oop face to face local meetup or you can collect it from me.
I would however much prefer to trade this rifle for. any one of these items.
American flat bow right handed draw weight between 40 and 50lbs at 28 inches. bow must have glass laminate limbs.
the second item I would trade this rifle for is a horse bow type of bow same spec and draw weights as above.
single piece or 3 piece take down field bow black or brown limbs. same draw weight and spec as previous bows
and I know its a long shot but the primal gear unlimited survival bow would also be very welcome.
I will add to this deal a fully working and lovely condition vapalux m320 lantern for offers of the right bow.
finally I would trade this rifle for
a webley tempest air pistol in good condition.
or a modern webley typhoon air pistol which is a break barrel. pistol
offers of other single shot pistols Try me?
the rifle is available to persons 18 years of age and older.
photos very soon local meetup or collect from me only. first come first served. cheers guys.

Last edited:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
little nudge for Thursday morning this rifle is open for trades. or sale but more interested in trading I do have a bigger trade list if that will help anyone.
on a further point this really is a nice rifle its a shame to see it sat and not used.
so further trade items are here.
francis barker m88 compass in first class condition.
cammenga 3h compass in first class condition
gransfor bruks wildlife hatchet or small forest axe in very good condition
enzo trapper in mint condition
falkniven f1 in good condition
please note the vapalux lantern is not a trade item on its own.. its not offered for trade but it will be added to a trade for an offer of one of the bows mentioned if it meets the spec and requirements im looking for. cheers guys.

Last edited:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
If someone wishes to buy this rifle I will post it to you uk mainland only for an additional £5.oop for bow trades we both cover our own postage unless the vapalux is added to the trade.in which case we will have to reach some arrangement

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
You can buy new smk's for that price and most times they'll come with a scope!

I believe those are the B2 rifles which are the lowest quality- This is an XS19 which is a copy of the Gamo 220/440, The XS rifles are CNC made and not the 'draw filed and rivetted' type, £65 is a good price for one of these ;)

If you scroll down this page (third gun down) you'll find they're £139.99 with a scope added...

John...

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Think this is a closed thread now anyway- item is withdrawn. These are good guns for the money but can be picked up cheaper with a bit of hunting around, I bought mine recently for £80- scope, pellets bag and postage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webley31

Dec 12, 2014
Linwood
If that someone was me then that was not my intention and I apologise. But in the description "full hunting power, sprayed metal work" for that price in that condition I would recommend buying a new one.
I hunt/shoot myself and break barrel SMK'S are good to start off with back garden plinking and learning the sport but unless you spend money tuning them up professionally ie "not spraying" you'd be hard pushed to get a clean humane kill and wouldn't recommend them on live quarry.

Webley31

Dec 12, 2014
Linwood
I believe those are the B2 rifles which are the lowest quality- This is an XS19 which is a copy of the Gamo 220/440, The XS rifles are CNC made and not the 'draw filed and rivetted' type, £65 is a good price for one of these ;)

If you scroll down this page (third gun down) you'll find they're £139.99 with a scope added...

John...
Is that sprayed too John?

Webley31

Dec 12, 2014
Linwood
No that will be chemically blued or blacked, Some people when hunting try to make the gun as unobvious as possible, maybe wrapping cammo tape round it or painting it in cammo or just painting a matt colour so there will be no reflections form sunlight to give their position away...

John..
Oh don't make me laugh, I know how to blue a barrel I've been shooting for 25years both target and live quarry thought my name may have given a hint.
If the rifle was in better condition you wouldn't need to spray all the metal work as unless someone has polished it up it would not be obvious to an animal of air rife quarry.
Yes people do cammo up but thats not for hunting that's more of making it look how they want "army sniper" style, it's not the rifle that a rabbit, squirrel or bird sees it's the big lump of human holding it that's the shape that needs to be disguised!

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
may I just add something here? firstly it was not webley who brought about the withdrawal but I have to add that I didn't do the spray job it was like that when I took the rifle in trade myself. but spray paint does not effect the hunting capability of any rifle nor does it effect how its tuned. in my younger years I worked with a gamekeeper during the week and with a pro gunsmith at weekends when his shop was most busy. working with him I did loads of spring air rifle tuning. sometimes just a basic re grease and spring fitting. but most of the time it was full tuning and shortening cocking stroke re weighting pistons full internal polishing the whole lot. I can take a standard bsa meteor to full power in a matter of about 2 hours. incidentally early bsa meteors were coated in a thick gloss paint finish and ive seen them take rabbits well beyond 30 yards. the rifle in question had a proven hunting track record. I saw the results more than once. the company smk market this rifle as full power capable on a budget which some of them are even from new.
the outer finish does not effect how a rifle is performing at all.
yes the military do subdue colours ie matt greens browns and earth tones but if camouflage is not needed in a hunting environment why do people use shooting hides when hunting wood pidgeon for example?
why do hunters wear camo jackets? is it because they want to look like soldiers? weapons used for hunting have been made to blend in with the surrounding environment since the dawn of time.
ive been shooting all sorts of projectile weapons for the last forty years well since I was ten. myself.
just to close I have not taken the rifle apart or done any work on it myself. Full hunting power is the blurb smk use in their advertising. ive not chronographed it just put a few pellets through it and it seemed fine to me.

Webley31

Dec 12, 2014
Linwood
Have you shot this particular model of SMK, Webley? Or are your comments based on historical knowledge of the brand in general?
Actually yes I have at my pal's shop we were chronographing a few rifles out of their boxes to see what they shoot at and it came out shooting 6flb Ok they can and do increase in power as they bed in but not that much. And I am not slagging off SMK'S never have never will like I said they are good rifles to start with and to use as a hunting tool they need a tune up by a competent person at least.
My son's first rifle was a syntarg synthetic smk and he and I loved it for plinking in the garden and to build has shooting ability but that's all it should be used for we use PCP's to hunt with now less noise no recoil more power.
AGAIN I NEVER SLAGGED THE RIFLE OFF JUST STATED THAT IN ITS CONDITION AND FOR PRICE YOU CA BUY A NEW SMK.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Actually yes I have at my pal's shop we were chronographing a few rifles out of their boxes to see what they shoot at and it came out shooting 6flb Ok they can and do increase in power as they bed in but not that much. And I am not slagging off SMK'S never have never will like I said they are good rifles to start with and to use as a hunting tool they need a tune up by a competent person at least.
My son's first rifle was a syntarg synthetic smk and he and I loved it for plinking in the garden and to build has shooting ability but that's all it should be used for we use PCP's to hunt with now less noise no recoil more power.
AGAIN I NEVER SLAGGED THE RIFLE OFF JUST STATED THAT IN ITS CONDITION AND FOR PRICE YOU CA BUY A NEW SMK.
when you say condition do you mean cos its been sprayed? could you actually see the rifles internal condition? have you ever fired this particular rifle?
not one just like it ie same model. and would you please let me know where in the uk you can buy a brand new smk xs19 for £64.99p ie under £65?

Webley31

Dec 12, 2014
Linwood
Look I'm not here to argue about this I gave my opinion from what I can see in the picture it looks old and used, I haven't seen it or shot it so I do not know how it really performs again my opinion about this is just that. I have been lucky to have used a large array of air rifles some very expensive and others very cheap being that shooting was my sport a good had few years ago now I admit but I still hunt and shoot now on a budget but. What kind of forum is this when you are unable to give your opinions on a subject without being jumped on by keyboard warriors? I am no longer going to give a flying one about this post if no one can see that I apologised for spoiling the sale, give my honest opinion about what I see, and not once did I slag off smk yet no one sees that you just suit up and hit that keyboard well goodbye sir I'm leaving this post today goodbye 😀

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Look I'm not here to argue about this I gave my opinion from what I can see in the picture it looks old and used, I haven't seen it or shot it so I do not know how it really performs again my opinion about this is just that. I have been lucky to have used a large array of air rifles some very expensive and others very cheap being that shooting was my sport a good had few years ago now I admit but I still hunt and shoot now on a budget but. What kind of forum is this when you are unable to give your opinions on a subject without being jumped on by keyboard warriors? I am no longer going to give a flying one about this post if no one can see that I apologised for spoiling the sale, give my honest opinion about what I see, and not once did I slag off smk yet no one sees that you just suit up and hit that keyboard well goodbye sir I'm leaving this post today goodbye 

Think you may find your comment in post 6 was bad etiquette. If you think there may be an issue with the price why not send a PM to the originator of the post.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE