Slingshot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I decided to make myself a new slingshot (catapult) today, this one was inspired by the old Milbro catapult, i thought id make one in a similar style out of 19mm marine ply.

DSCF3281A.jpg

The slingshot has been sanded down to 600 grit and all the edges rounded over for a comfortable grip before it was given two good coats of varnish to protect the wood, the bands i have fitted currently are an old set from my Black Widow (post about it here), and are used in the up and over style, ie the elastic comes over the top of the fork. The only reason I used the the Black Widow bands was because it's all i have available to me at the moment, i need to get some Theraband on order later, but for the moment this will suffice and there is certainly enough power in it with the cut down bands for my purposes.

DSCF3287A.jpg

I have blanks for another four slingshots marked out and I'll hopefully get those cut out and made over the weekend, because if i dont, i'll never hear the end of it from the boys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE