Sleeping bag help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
I need a new sleeping bag and any advice on a good sleeping bag for a 6 foot 3 guy with a 48-50 inch chest. need it for winter with a preferably small pack size.

cheers Steve

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
It might be worth getting in touch with PHD. Excellent quality and very low weights, they are particularly good at producing customised versions of their products. Not sure if they have any limits, but I've found them to be very helpful in the past.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
cheers for showing me those. i've decided it's probably better to stick with the bag i have at the minute for summer i'm fine with just the bivvy and maybe bag liner and in the winter i'll just have to take the 110 litre pack so i can carry my sleeping bag and extra bulky comforts in that :) thank you for opening my eyes to the fact that anything better will start costing serious money.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
No worries Crush, in my humble opinion the advantages with those expensive bags are too small to be worth the price difference, unless you're going on some sort of hardcore arctic adventure or have money to burn.
I have a current issue UK military arctic sleeping bag and *L O V E* it, well worth the extra weight and size, and cheap as chips.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
If you do get one make sure you know what size you're getting, mine's a medium and there's no way you'd fit in it at 6' 3

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Try a code green snugpak sleeping bag with an expanda panel, they are expensive but will fit you. A friend of mine is a fair bit bigger than you and gets in one. They pack up small, see their website for volumes and temperature ratings
OR get two smaller bags and zip them together.

PREPER......... :)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Can I point out that there is a place called Magic Mountain which is the factory shop for mountain equipment it is in Glossop and you can find the phone number for the shop on the net but their web page is not up and running at the moment. I got a £230 down sleeping bag for £40, it was and end of issue and a slight factory second, it needed two small stitches in it to make it fully solid. you can phone them up and find out what they have or just visit them. You can then get one of the best sleeping bags for a faction of the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE