Simple Pouch Modification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

Here is one that may not have featured before – a method transferred from ammo pouches to knife/tool pouches

I have a small Whitby lock-knife which lives in a pouch slightly too big for it which I have adjusted by moving the flap securing stud slightly down the pouch. I like the security the larger pouch gives but it has made extracting the knife a bit awkward especially with gloved fingers.

The addition of a short piece of flexible webbing strap the same width as the internal width of the pouch has been sewn in at one end just along the front edge of the pouch.
As long as the strap is pushed down inside the pouch before (by) the knife, a simple pull upwards on the non-fastened end of the strap brings the knife up out of the pouch easily.

I’ve used the same method for a multi-tool/pouch where the tightness of the fit makes extraction awkward. The extra leverage of the strap solves the prob. Note that this strap is sewn the opposite way round to the knife version and causes the tool to be tipped backwards as opposed to forwards a là knife pouch. If you decide to use this mod, check which way round the strap is the best for you before you attach it.

Pouchmod (i).jpg Pouchmod(ii).jpg Pouchmod (iii).jpg Pouchmod (iv).jpg Pouchmod(v).jpg

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Yes Blundstoned Love, that's correct.
Even though you can't see it when the pouch is closed I couldn't just leave that hole 'un-addressed!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE