Simple grill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greenbeast

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2009
Northiam, East Sussex
1 Oven Rack
4 lengths old copper pipe (15mm)

Flatten one end of each pipe and cut 2 notches out of the other end of each pipe:

campgrill2.jpg

campgrill1.jpg

Not used in anger yet but i hope it'll be good, seems pretty firm

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
simple ones are the best ones, looks good to me, I should look in the next old oven i see abandoned at the road side, for some grills.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I like the idea of oven grills as they should take the heat of the fire, I would think. I am playing around with a portable raised fire stand at the moment, which is made of a stand for a disposable BBQ with foliding raised legs & a cheap roasing thin that fits in it nearly perfectly. A cut down oven grill to go over the hot coals would finish the kit offf nicely, so I must look out for one. You may have inadvertantly started a run on these, Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2009
Northiam, East Sussex
i kept looking for bits of steel mesh that was stiff enough to take a pan of food but also small enough gaps to do sausages/bacon directly on it.
i completely overlooked oven racks for a while.

i don't know what will happen to the copper pipe legs, hopefully nothing.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I made mine using 6mm threaded bar, and wing nuts to secure the legs to the grill, that way, if on uneven ground i can adjust the individual legs to keep it level.

Rob

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I picked up a cheap BBQ grill in an end of summer sale for £1. It's one of those ones with 2 grills that open into which you put burgers or fish etc.. with a long handle on one of them. I seperated the 2 grills, which are about 10" square so I now have 2 grills. The one with the hande goes on my new portable fire plate & I will try the other smaller one with some copper tubes I know I can get my hands on. 2 Grills for a £1 cant be complained at.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE