Should I worry about this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Hi, I am in the middle of modding my hammock, I was planning on having a larks foot (cow hitch) round the tree using extra strong paracord then attaching that paracord via karabinas to my hammock.

Should I worry about the larks foot melting through under my bodyweight? I know someone else that uses this but he probably weighs less than me.

Thanks,
Asa.

TwoSticks

Aug 15, 2009
Northumberland, UK
I think the cord should be strong enough - and you can check it every day you use it.

If I was the tree I might be worried though - a larksfoot of paracord won't spread your weight very efficiently and may cause damage.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I think the cord should be strong enough - and you can check it every day you use it.

If I was the tree I might be worried though - a larksfoot of paracord won't spread your weight very efficiently and may cause damage.

The paracord is quite thick, I'm also going to thread a piece of the original hammock tube/cord/whatever around where the larksfoot will be to help make sure I don't hurt the tree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE