Shopping in Cambridge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
I'm moving to Cambridge inn January and was wondering if anyone has recommendations of backstreet gems for buying camping/woodwork/bushcrafty kit. I know that there's a Cotswold Outdoors and a Mountain Warehouse on the main drag. Just wondering about places it might otherwise take me months to stumble across.

Cheers,
Leif

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi Leif,

I grew up in Cambridge mate, and still work there but live in a little place called March, Im sorry to tell you but there isnt really any little gems there.

There is an army surplus shop in the town centre next to the Regal pub, but I have always found it expensive tbh.

You do have the world of bushcraft store in Bedford though, not a million miles away by car.

If you do happen to come across any though let me no.

Cheers
Steve

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
There's Open Air in green street which is a good outdoor shop tad expensive IMHO more suited for mountain walking there's Go Outdoors in Bedford.
Also just off Newmarket road near Barnwell bridge there is Simpers who sometimes have outdoor stuff and in winter do skiing stuff!?
I'm trying to think of other places, there's not many to be honest.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
There is one surplus store in town, can't remember the name but it's a tad pricey, not a huge range. Ok for the odd bit tho

Yeah thats the one next to the regal pub on Regent street mate.

I agree its expensive ok!!

Used to be a very good one on mill road but that closed down years ago unfortunately!!

Perhaps we have found a market in Cambridge for a reasonablly priced outdoor shop!!

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Mackays hardware store carry pretty much the full range of Hultafors knives at pretty good prices, and are one of the few places that stock a selection of axe helves. Most of my surplus kit has been scored at boot sales, but there seems less of it about now the barracks have gone from Oakington, Waterbeach & Bassingbourn!

Nowadays I mainly use the internet.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE