shall i push the button?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
My sharpening skills are not the best, and so far all I've discovered is that it isn't the best on seasoned wood. I've yet to try it on greenwood, which is where I think it will do well. To be honest, it hasn't had a lot of use, but that's down to me, not the tool. I think it is superb value for the price. The steel is certainly very good.

Lots more of them where I got then though, especially if you are prepared to add your own handle. If you give them a ring during their opening hours, I would imagine something could be arranged.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I have a Hans Karlsson adze, lovely tool to use, very comfortable to use for long periods of time and keeps a superb edge.

http://www.woodlandcraftsupplies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=82

+ 1. These are very good and the link takes you to a fair price. All the top Adzes are dear if hand made and Swedish, but they really up the speed and work straight out of the box.
If you can hang on till an old one that suits pops up though, go for it, but they are hard to find and don't always work as well. Timeless tools are at Elvaston Castle woodland festival next weekend so I'll be having a good butchers around for toolage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE